Rule re winning/finishing/escaping the dungeon

By RipTail, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

Hello guys, I have a small question to ask, and I think it's quite simple, but I don't understand well the game rules in order to figure it out by myself: after a player enter the dragon chamber, and finishes looting the treasure, what is he suppose to do next ? returning to the tower from which he enters the dungeon ? or he can go to any tower of his choice ? or he just have to exit the dragon chamber, and declare that he finished the dungeon, immediately being discarded from the game board, and wait until all players finished the dungeon as well ?

Also, another minor question: for the 1st player turn, he always have to advance the sun token or only when he has status cards that he must resolve ? in his status phase.

Thanks in advance!

One must make it back to any tower to exit the dungeon. One does not need to make it to the dragons layer to win. I have actually one by just exploring dungeon tiles to find a little loot and running back to the tower to exit just before night fall! The sun token always advances at the start of the first players turn.

Edited by Devon Greatwolf

Indeed. The player with the most loot (who lives) wins. Getting to the Dragon's Lair is a great place to find the really valueable loot, but considering how easy it is for your opponents to die inside the dungeon, it's not strictly a requirement to win.

PS: (in case you missed it in the rules); Everybody still inside the dungeon at sunset is eaten by the dragon - and therefore does not win. So while you do not need to reach the Dragon's Lair, you do need to get out through any tower before sunset.

Edited by Steve-O