Are there any armada players in the Pittsburgh/Western PA area?

By ninclouse2000, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Hi. I'm in Western PA, currently a friend and I play Armada casually on fridays but would like to see if there are any other armada players in area. It would be nice to play against different players. If you're around this area and would like to grow a casual gaming community, please let me know. Thanks and enjoy your day.

We've got a group of players in the Pittsburgh area.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PittsburghArmada/

Best way to find a game is to join up with the group. Mr Nice Guys in Monroeville has tourney kits, but hasn't scheduled anything yet.

We usually meet up for Armada and X-Wing at Mr Nice Guys on Thursday, and Wednesday at Phantom of the Attic in Greentree. Weekends happen when we can get people together.

Thanks for the info. I sent a request to join the group.

Don't want to butt into your thread, but did want to make sure you saw the tournament in the York area this coming Saturday (it's in the Organized Play section). I know it's a bit of a hike, but you are certainly welcome if you can make the drive.

Note that we're pitching this as a very casual, learning tournament. Lots of new people to play against.

We also have a casual play day scheduled for 12:30 at the Oakland Phantom storestore on the 25th, so stop on in for that. I have a wedding, or I'd be there.

You do something out in Pittsburgh on a weekend during Football season and I'd drive out there for Saturday gaming, Primantis for dinner, the the game on Sunday. Despite the 6hr drive from Scranton. Haha

Thanks for all of the info. I'm in Butler, PA so a trip to the Oakland Phantom isn't out of the question.

Excellent. I got word that Mr Nice Guy is going to be starting up tournaments once a month beginning next month every 3rd Sunday of each month. So that is something to look forward to. More details as I figure them out.

Hi,

I'm just starting to get into Armada (working on repainting my stuff) and I've also been playing X-Wing for a long time. I live about 45 mins away from Butler in Frankin, PA and would love to meet up with some new players. I'm in a similar situation where I play with a couple of friends, but don't really belong to a gaming club. I frequent Bell's in Grove City as well as Legions in Pittsburgh, usually just to shop, although there are nice gaming areas at each store (Legions especially).

Awesome. I am the guy that was chatting with you in your introductory Facebook post. Welcome to the fun!

Nice to meet you all and hope to meet up for some games.