Qu Rahn aka "The Bank Man"

By Forensicus, in Star Wars: The Card Game

That's pretty greedy having 2 I am I Jedi there, but nice. I assuming that Qu Rahn can react even after being saved by Old Ben's Spirit, am I right? Never seen that before yet.

Yes, he can react after using Old Ben's Spirit. He looks like a perfect target for Plan of the Prophetess + Deadly Sight (if DS has an Echoes to commit him) or Captured or Aggression. Don't forget that no matter how invincible your unit may appear to be, it can die.

True, it was a risky "investment plan" indeed.

But he was the only eligible target for the enhancement until Yoda came out on board. He sort of worked out like a Ponzi scheme

Yes, he can react after using Old Ben's Spirit.

False, as established in the Chewbacca/OBS ruling.

Yes, he can react after using Old Ben's Spirit.

False, as established in the Chewbacca/OBS ruling.

"Funny", because I read the ruling differently:

FAQ page 11:

If, during an engagement, I have Chewbacca with 2 damage on him and an Old Ben’s Spirit attached and he takes 3 damage, how much damage does Chewbacca deal with his Reaction?

From the rulebook on page 21, damage in excess of a card’s damage capacity is ignored. When Chewbacca takes 3 damage, only 1 of it actually is dealt to him. The Interrupt from Old Ben’s Spirit keeps Chewbacca alive and removes all damage tokens from him, but he was still dealt 1 damage, so he can deal 2 damage with his Reaction.

The way I read this is that Qu Rahn/Chewie with OBS will be dealt damage up to (but not beyond) their damage capacity. OBS saves them from being destroyed But still makes them able to react with their respective "Reaction"

However the Plan of the Prophetess / Deadly Sight combo mentioned above won't trigger Wu Rahns ability (he is destroyed, not dealt damage) but he could be saved by OBS

OBS actually can't save you from Deadly Sight. Or rather, it can, but then the unit just gets destroyed again because Deadly Sight sets up a lasting condition for the entire phase that the unit is destroyed if it has 0 force icons (and OBS does not restore the force icons).