Potions/Spells rules question

By RipTail, in The Witcher Adventure Game

Hey guys, I'm new to this game and this hobby, and I need your help/advice,if possible: I want to know if after we use a potion or a spell card, we have to discard it or can we keep it for future use? so that we can activate it again.
And 2nd question : during a battle, Geralt can use all the potions he has activated (let's say he has 3 activated potions) ? and Triss can only use 1 spell per fight (regarding how many she has activated)?
Thanks in advance!

Edited by RipTail

1st Answer: You always keep your Development Card in play unless something tells you otherwise. Even when you have no common tokens on them.

2nd Answer: You can use an and all Spells or Potions during a combat encounter so long as you meet the requirements to activate them. Almost all of Triss's spells require a Ritual symbol to be used, and the vast majority of Geralt's potions require them to be used just prior to rolling dice at the beginning of the encounter. But a large reminder, you must have a common token on one of them to be able to activate the ability.

1st Answer: You always keep your Development Card in play unless something tells you otherwise. Even when you have no common tokens on them.

2nd Answer: You can use an and all Spells or Potions during a combat encounter so long as you meet the requirements to activate them. Almost all of Triss's spells require a Ritual symbol to be used , and the vast majority of Geralt's potions require them to be used just prior to rolling dice at the beginning of the encounter. But a large reminder, you must have a common token on one of them to be able to activate the ability.

A minor correction; actually, only a handful do (a third).