Applying rerolls

By Vonbloodbath, in XCOM: The Board Game

Apologies if this has already been asked; I searched, but couldn't find it.

Played a few games now, and most of our questions we can figure out by a careful reading of the rules, but there was one that stumped us.

Some tech cards allow you to reroll the alien die; what we wondered about is, are these only usable on that tasks that are performed by the relevant role? I.e. Carapace Armour allows the Squad Leader to reroll the alien die on base defence/missions, but can't be exhausted during, say, Orbital Defence, or Research tasks.

That seems to make sense, fluff-wise, but the rules aren't clear (unless we've missed something). Any thoughts?

Hey a little late but it looks like nobody ever replied.

The rules are on the cards.

The Satellite uplink says it can be used for any task, the carapace says it can only be used for tasks involving soldiers against aliens.

I was trying to find the exact text of the card but after some extensive googling nothing came up.

Hey a little late but it looks like nobody ever replied.

The rules are on the cards.

The Satellite uplink says it can be used for any task, the carapace says it can only be used for tasks involving soldiers against aliens.

I was trying to find the exact text of the card but after some extensive googling nothing came up.

Technically, the Satellite Uplink doesn't actually say it can be used on any task - it just fails to say that it is restricted to certain tasks, so it isn't.

Carapace Armor explicitly says that it works during mission and enemy tasks, so it only works for the Squad Leader's tasks.

Wording:

Exhaust this: Reroll the alien die.

Exhaust this: Reroll the alien die during a mission or enemy task.