Dream came true tonight :)

By dianaversace1, in Runewars

I love Runewars !

I play this game every chance I get at my friend`s house. I always wanted to own a copy.

I read the rule book every chance I get, almost daily, over and over....and finally after months of saving part of my pay cheque I ordered a copy. Today I received a notice of parcel delivery so I rushed to the post office and oh my heart was beating so fast while waiting at the line up and finally I got the game. Oh I can not explain the joy of holding this box.

It was raining this evening and I took my rain coat off and wrapped this big long box with it, the box was too big for my rain jacket.

by the time i got home I was wet !

My brother`s girl friend Jane was home visiting and she opened the door , she looked at my wet hair and said 'what happened to u ? did you get dumped again' ?

I just gave her dirty look and walked in. I glanced at the living room , my father was laying on the couch pretending he was sleeping. My two brothers were making weird noises upstairs and screaming and yelling as if they were having a baby and at that moment I knew they were playing x box...

my mom said `who is it` ? Jane said `oh no one` ! I told her `grow up`

and went to kitchen kissed my mom and she said , `you are wet`, `you are going to catch a cold, what are you carrying ?

`go wash your hand, dry up and come and eat`. I said `I love u`.

I ran to my room closed the door and opened the game. I carefully checked Every piece, every counter. Everything looked so good except look like the elves were already having a battle inside the box as most of them were bent :( !

Suddenly i heard a knock on my door and the door opened and my father said ``can I come in`` ? Behind him it was Jane.

She said to my dad `I told you she has a baby ' I just looked at her and shook my head. My dad looked at her and said `can I have a moment with my girl ?` and Jane left. I said to myself I will deal with Jane later, I will curse her to have triplets :angry: .

My dad said `what are you doing sweetie` ? I said `Oh dad, I saved my money and finally i bought a board game,` He looked at the game pieces and he smiled and next thing i know we were both putting pieces aside and enjoying the moment.

He kissed me on my head and said, `Good for you. you know when I was younger, life did not give me a chance to play board games but I am proud of you and i hope you can teach me how to play this game, It looks epic` ..I said `Oh dad i WILL ! you will LOVE this game`.

He promised that he will help me fix the Elves army.

After dinner, I showed my brothers and my dad how to play the game and we had a four player session at the kitchen table.

My mom was also intrigued about the quality of the components.

I did not want Jane to seat by the table but I assigned her to represent the Neutral unit, the Ugly Giant. It fits her perfectly.

she was not pleased and complained about adults playing kids games but she was shut down by everyone quickly and I just smiled at her.

My family and i had a wonderful time together. I could see in my father`s eyes, he was enjoying himself and so did my brothers !

my dad asked me to print a copy of the rules so he can take it to work at the factory and read it during his lunch time. :)

Anyways, Thats my story and how a simple girl fell in love with Runewars.

Thx for reading my story.

Diana

** I posted this story at BGG before but deleted it.

Edited by dianaversace1

Those emotions you describe upon receiving the box and opening up mirror mine exactly. This game was one of the most anticipated and most joyous to receive into my collection. I'm happy for you!

Thanks for sharing! As soon as I read your post I inmediately wanted to play this awesome game again. I recently bought Forbidden Stars and I liked it but going back again to Runewars was a blast! I´m not saying this two exclude each other but the itch they scratch is similar for me personally.

I seem to recall reading about this on de BGG boards. Didn't someone reach in his heart and send you the expansion after that?

Thxx for the comments.

Yes he did :) thanks to him,& BGG I managed to complete my RW experience.

Its the only two games that I own, I play other games with my gf`s but I am happy. I do not want any thing else.

My dad still talks about this game and asks me if there has been any add on `s for this game. lol