All Block Format for UFS

By vermillian2, in UFS General Discussion

So with the most recent early rotation, there were a few grumbles in my few players. Dangerous to lose any of them, I think this may have calmed them for a tad.

Decks can be built using the following two formula : Any two consequative 'blocks' of cards together (so first years and second years, or second and thirds, or thirds and fourths) or any highlander legacy deck.

Granted NewFS is a bit weak right now, but most of my players that want to play their old stuff weren't really rocking the super dangerous things (spike, BRTs etc).

Thoughts?

giver.

If it makes your players happy, try it out.

That's all that really matters at the end of the day. Are people playing the game, and are they enjoying it?

If the answer is yes, then by all means, git'er done.

I've always apreciated them allowing us to run our events the way we want and still recieve prize support. While, the rotation was awesome for the game some symbols that were previously solid (evil, water, order others) weren't given to much in these new sets because they were created before rotation.

I understand where you are coming from in wanting to mix the format up.The Rochester crew is adding set 11 until December just to add some more flexibility to the other symbols. We really dont want to use earlier sets because of the battle prowess and Brt level of annoying cards. We are starting this in two weeks and it'll be interesting to see how our games go with hard negation in the evil-doer destroyer and dhalism's throw- wrecker asset of doom.

I've wanted to try for a while, a format sort of like this, but not necessarily two blocks that were close together. See what people can come up with out of no points, and 5-point decks. or 3 and 5 point only. How about battlebox only decks? Only cards from the soul cal, street fighter and penny arcade battle boxes! It seems fun, and I'm sure there'd be some really unique things, but not too powerful or overwhelming.

vermillian said:

Granted NewFS is a bit weak right now,

quoted for untruthiness and weakness in and of itself.
i had a big long post but i felt it was maybe a bit to harsh so i deleted it and will just say instead...the format is strong and amazingly fun, and IMO those who continue to come up with new ways to not confront the rotation, like this, or the other silly extended idea, are the people who are still crying about how their cards arent worth crap, or enjoyed a retarded overpowered and unfun meta...

Awaken said:

vermillian said:

Granted NewFS is a bit weak right now,

quoted for untruthiness and weakness in and of itself.
i had a big long post but i felt it was maybe a bit to harsh so i deleted it and will just say instead...the format is strong and amazingly fun, and IMO those who continue to come up with new ways to not confront the rotation, like this, or the other silly extended idea, are the people who are still crying about how their cards arent worth crap, or enjoyed a retarded overpowered and unfun meta...

It's Vermillian, he's been nostalgiahugging threads since the first FFG forums.

Perhaps you've got me out of context... I meany NewFS is weak when you try to have a NewFS deck fight the top tournament quality tier 1 decks from the past blocks... Bittners Worlds deck vs. the best NewFS deck out there right now, if you will. In THAT regard NewFS is weak (and it might actually be its ONLY source of weakness).

With all due respect, verm, Bittner's deck was NOTHING CLOSE TO NEWFS.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=27&efcid=5&efidt=181362

Half the deck is now Legacy. Where the broken stuff lies.

Seal of Cessation, Giant of a Man, Saikyo-ryu, Inhuman Perception, Unorthodox Training, Lesser of Many Evils, Revenant's Calling, Oral Dead, Charismatic, Strife's Patronage, Hulking Brute, No Memories... hell even the Zi Mei used was the promo one since the entire deck was off of Death (except for the four Fury's which were the only four attacks in his deck).

The deck basically discarded your hand and you ate minimum 24 damage with a single All Life is Prey out, while anything else would be systematically negated.

So let's recap:

1) Only 4 attacks.

2) Negation for any type of ability ever.

3) Heavy discard

4) More than half the deck is Legacy

This is NOT NEWFS.