Orb of Knowledge and corner expansions???

By jackyboy, in Talisman Rules Questions

Greetings

Ive got a little question regarding the Orb of Knowledge and other decks other than the Adventure deck.

So my question is this, can I use the orb of knowledge whilst in the highlands (or any other corner) and drawing from the highlands deck. My first understanding would be no, as on the card it states adventure cards. However, I drew a highlands card in the game I played last night which stated that I needed to roll 1 die for each adventure card in the region and discard on a 1-3. I appreciate that in some very rare circumstances adventure cards may be drawn and some can certainly be dropped in the region. BUT the card was a mountain slide kind of event (i think!) which in the theme of the card would affect all cards in the region not just specifically adventure cards...right? :lol:

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Many thanks

Jack

Adventure cards refer to the deck of cards belonging to whatever region you are standing in. If you're in the City exp, Adventure cards refers to the City deck, if you're in the Highlands Adventure cards refers to the Highland deck... and if you're on the main board it refers to the standards adventure card deck.

I.e. yes, the Orb of Knowledge can be used on the Highland deck (as this is the Adventure deck from your perspective when you're in the Highlands).

Good luck!

As Nioreh says, there's such a rule in every corner expansion, usually under the chapter Drawing Cards in the Region Name . This is reflected by some cards that specifically instruct to draw "Adventure Cards", e.g. the Volcanic Eruption mentioned by jackyboy or the Astrologer in the Highland deck. There are also interesting exceptions, like the Street Sage from the City Expansion, which has a text close to the Astrologer's but always makes you draw City Cards, including when encountered outside the City.

There's one more notion to complete the examination. Expansions other than corners, that introduce new decks (i.e. Dragon, Nether Realm, Deep Realms), have different rules and say that these cards are considered Adventure cards only when they are faceup on the board . This means that the Orb of Knowledge cannot be used when you draw them.

Edited by The_Warlock

Lovely thank you for clearing that up for me :) I'm sure there was another question I wanted to ask but I have forgotten :lol: