Extended newfs

By bloodocean, in UFS General Discussion

Just because my meta is full of crazy people we are toying with the idea of including set 11 into standard. Set 11 never got the play time it could of and outside a select few cards is pretty much in-line with set 12 and 13.

So,have any other metas played around with this format? We are in the process of creating a list of cards to be banned which atm includes sardine's and Hugo and possibly some of his support. I'm curious if anyone has any other ideas.

sardines..isnt that bad. Sardine was only powerful because people turtled like no other then a massive dmg pump.

Hayamachop said:

sardines..isnt that bad. Sardine was only powerful because people turtled like no other then a massive dmg pump.

but thats something that you could do in this format if you had an attack that allowed you to do it

id look at banning lynx tail as well so that it cant push hilde over the top

As soon as the rotation was announced, I immediately started discussing with my friends writing an extensive essay about why FFG should incorporate Set 11 into NEWFS.

After more thorough research, I'm so glad I did not go through with that letter.

Believe me, I'm aware there ARE some really interesting and balanced themes that would be fun to implement into NEWFS (T Hawk, Alex, etc), but jeez, there are just far too many cards that would end up being banned due to their power.

NEWFS isn't just "UFS that underwent heavy rotation"

IT

IS

A

NEW

GAME

Set 11 is part of the old UFS we used to play, and as I said, if you wanted to use it in NEWFS, the banned list would be gignormous.

However, as this is just a part of your playgroup, then by all means, create a gigton banned list, and have fun playing with the balanced cards :)