AGoT Board Game v/s Card Game

By SPARKLINGDEW, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I am new to AGoT. It is giving me sleepless nights. I am confused about whethet to buy AGoT board game or card game. My search revealed that in board game they have a cool board and tokens; whereas in card game we have to place the cards on top of plain desk. So which should i buy? And if i buy any of these.. do i have to buy anyother packs to support this or improve the game play...?

Thanks..

The Boardgame is stand-alone -- while there are two expansions, they are NOT necessary to play and enjoy the game.

The Living Card Game is expandable -- regular new expansions. It is possible to play without these expansions -- http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-decks-built-from-2x-core-set/

The Living Card Game is also just about to release its Second Edition (lots of tweaks, but still regular Expansions).

The HBO Version of the Card Game is Stand-Alone -- no Expansions. It is only for two players.

There is also battles of westeros to consider ;)

It all depends on the size of your playgroup and what style of game you prefer.

Thanks for the answers.. just one more doubt.. in a joust...for example the first player puts forth just one card with an intrigue challenge.. (he has more in his hand).. then the second player puts forth 2 cards to take out the first player... will the first player then put forth more cards to increase his STR and thus win the challenge?

No, you declare all attackers then all the defenders are declared.

A few characters have an ability that lets them join in late.

thankss.. and by the way.. i am not sure i like the battle of westeros.. dice throwing is not my forte.. oh.. and the joke is that i have ordered the board game now i have to find players.. :-)