Greyjoy Preview

By Grimwalker, in General Discussion

Looks like Greyjoy is maybe the new Rush faction? With the dearth of printed Renown in 2E, here we have both Balon and Euron claiming crowns for themselves, and three cards dealing with Stealth.

Also continuing the theme of faction strengths being also their go-to source of Card Draw. Weakness seems to be a lack of Intrigue icons.

And oh man, Aeron bringing Balon or Euron back to life? Good lord. With dupes becoming so much more effective in 2E, it may be really hard to scrape these guys off the board.

We now have Drowned God in addition to The Seven and R'hllor as "Holy Crest" traits.

Aeron is not loyal.. :) (my Dany likes this)

Well. The Artwork is my least favorite right now.. but it fits Greyjoy i think

And you forgot Old Gods trait, which we have one card right now.

Edited by Nachtwolf

Oh, the fun! :D

What does the condition "Terminal" mean?

"Terminal" means that if the attached character dies, the attachment is discarded. By default in 2E, attachments return to hand instead of being discarded. Attachments can be attached in setup. Dupes can be attached in setup! Dupe save cannot be canceled!

It's a brand new goddamn day :D

I wonder why the ship's name is not italicized. Did they think it would be confused with Traits ?

My least favorite factions in the series, so far my favourite faction in the game.

My least favorite factions in the series, so far my favourite faction in the game.

Me too, at least with regards to the first edition.

Loving the new Aeron Damphair!

Loving the new Aeron Damphair!

He's no **** fair!

Never played 1e but this may be where I start 2e. Some great ideas for play style

I wonder why the ship's name is not italicized. Did they think it would be confused with Traits ?

Man, I must be blind or overlooking it. Where do you see this?

I hope Greyjoy doesn't hoard all the cancel tech again! So far I don't see it, but that doesn't mean they won't have any on unspoiled cards.

Man, I must be blind or overlooking it. Where do you see this?

I hope Greyjoy doesn't hoard all the cancel tech again! So far I don't see it, but that doesn't mean they won't have any on unspoiled cards.

It runs vertically up the left side of the card. Funnily enough it's the opposite situation of Star Wars , where "Red Five" was originally italicized despite not being the ship's designation, but its pilot's callsign. To FFG's credit though, they corrected the issue by the time the first Force Pack was released, as Rogue Two was unitalicized, and I'm hoping the same reverse is true here.

Edited by MarthWMaster

Never got into Greyjoy in 1e - but this preview has definitely caught my attention. Great abilities from all the main Greyjoys we've seen.

It runs vertically up the left side of the card.

Is there any particular reason it should be italicised? Looking at cards from the 1st edition, that didn't seem to happen there. (E.g. Longship Iron Victory .)

Is there any particular reason it should be italicised? Looking at cards from the 1st edition, that didn't seem to happen there. (E.g. Longship Iron Victory .)

Grammatically speaking, ship names should be italicized , and they appear this way in the books.

The reason ship names (like book titles) are italicized is to make them stand out in text (and I'd say it's a matter of style rather than grammar). It's not really needed in a standalone card title (like a book's title doesn't have to be in italics on its own cover). Moreover, 2nd Ed card titles are in small caps, and I don't think that combines well with italics (or even oblique). In the card text, maybe it should, but the capitalization alone signals the card title.

Grammatically speaking, ship names should be italicized , and they appear this way in the books.

This must be why I was confused, because I actually didn't think you were literally talking about the actual card title. I don't necessarily agree with making special exceptions to card layout like that just because of flavor. But, to each their own, right?