Sell me on Britannia.

By HonorforONEFilms, in Britannia

I'm very interested in this game along with Tide of Iron. So sell me on it. Why do you'll play it and why is it so good? What is it about?

Just so that everyone doesn't need to repeat themselves, you can look at similar thread posted here on the FFG forum with a similar subject line.

Hope you get it. Britannia is one of the best games I own.

What I find most enjoyable is the sweep of history and the ebb and flow of cultures across the British Isles. In that sense, this is like a God-game, giving a perspective over hundreds of years of time as individuals and kingdoms rise and fall. I had the pleasure of playing this with a man who is a scholar of British history, and he had a great time. It was a slow game, as everytime a new kingdom or people appeard on the board, he would take the time to expound on how it really happened in history. I learned a lot! Drank a lot of tea, too!

Definitely one of my favorite games.

David Spangler said:

What I find most enjoyable is the sweep of history and the ebb and flow of cultures across the British Isles. In that sense, this is like a God-game, giving a perspective over hundreds of years of time as individuals and kingdoms rise and fall. I had the pleasure of playing this with a man who is a scholar of British history, and he had a great time. It was a slow game, as everytime a new kingdom or people appeard on the board, he would take the time to expound on how it really happened in history. I learned a lot! Drank a lot of tea, too!

Definitely one of my favorite games.

Wow. What an experience. I'm really envious. :)

I played 2 games of ToI; good game.

I played over 200 games of Britannia.

If you ask me, which game I like more... guess happy.gif

PzVIE said:

How much time does it take to play a game? that's a serious investment of time regardless.

I would say that this game is about a full days worth. I mean to say takes 4+ hours if you are playing for the first time. But it is well worth it. It is the type of game that you learn about history and it is pretty well balanced. Very fun and interesting game.

Omnicrazzy said:

PzVIE said:

How much time does it take to play a game? that's a serious investment of time regardless.

I game of Britannia is about 3 - 4 hours, assuming all players are familiar with the rules and no-one is a chess-player happy.gif

But I play Britannia since 1988, so it's about 20 games a year, which isn't that much!

think im gonna get this one. sounds like some fun stuff! happy.gif

I wonder if FFG sends out demo copies to FLGS's in order to drum up interest for games like this.

I would like to try it before I buy it.