Mobility question - exhausted or not when unit arrive to the planet

By LE0987, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Hello

my question is about moving units between planets.

i.e.:

Planet Plannum:

Many gamers says: "...the battle ability of the planet doesn't tell you to ready or exhaust the moved unit..." so "... Cards retain their state when they move unless the effect that moves them specifically says to change their state...".

But in Learn To Play Guide i see:

Page 12 Battle Example:

"...

4)
It is again Kris’s turn to attack. He exhausts Goff
Nob to attack Eager Recruit, dealing 6 damage to it.
This is enough to destroy the card.
All units in the battle are now exhausted, and the
combat round ends. Each of the units is readied,
players pass the opportunity to retreat, and a new
round begins. Tom has no units, and cannot attack.
When it is Kris’s turn to attack, Tom has no units
remaining, so Kris wins the battle. He now has the
option of resolving the planet’s Battle ability, and if
this battle was at the first planet he would then add the
planet to his victory display..."
and then
Page 14 Game Round Example
"...
B)
During the combat phase, battles are fought
at planet 1 (the first planet), planet 3, and planet
5 (because each of those latter planets has a
warlord present). The battle at planet 1 plays out
as described in “Battle Example” on page 12.
Kris wins the battle. Normally
, Kris’s surviving
unit would return to his HQ, but Kris resolves the
Battle ability on the planet and moves his Goff
Nob to planet 2. Since he won the battle, Kris then
places the planet in his victory display. At this
time, the first planet token is not on any planet in
the line:
there is no first planet.."

Ont the picture Goff card is EXHAUSTED when moved between planets 1 and 2 (at the end of battle Goff card was READY).

And my question about MOBILITY.

When I have READY unit card after the battle and I move this card to another planet (plannum effect) the card is EXHAUSTED.

Why Mobility not EXHAUSTED card/unit when I move this card before battle? Move is in the same PHASE.

And

In the game I have card like:

Experimental Devilfish
"Reaction: After this unit commits to a planet, ready it.
"

I think that Reaction is a bonus for the Devilfish - I can READY the unit after moving it on the planet, while other units are EXHAUSTED after arrives to the planet.

My question is: When I move unit with MOBILITY before the battle between planets, this unit arrive (ends move) READY or EXHAUSTED?

Best Regards

LE0987

ps.sorry for my english

Mobile does not exhaust units, because the rules don't tell you to do so. However, if your Mobile unit was exhausted before moving via Mobile it remains exhausted afterwards.

The Devilfish can ready when it COMMITS to a planet. This is during the command phase, and only happens if the Devilfish was in HQ and Committed with your Warlord. This is a bonus, because normally all units in HQ are forced to arrive with the Warlord but exhausted.

I'm sorry but I don't have the learn to play guide to reference right now to see if they made an error with the Nob example.

Mobile does not exhaust units, because the rules don't tell you to do so. However, if your Mobile unit was exhausted before moving via Mobile it remains exhausted afterwards.

The Devilfish can ready when it COMMITS to a planet. This is during the command phase, and only happens if the Devilfish was in HQ and Committed with your Warlord. This is a bonus, because normally all units in HQ are forced to arrive with the Warlord but exhausted.

I'm sorry but I don't have the learn to play guide to reference right now to see if they made an error with the Nob example.

Thank You for replay.

So if my unit with mobility is ready (and is one and only unit on the first planet), I win Command Struggle on the first planet, then I can move this unit on the second planet, and it will be still READY (before battle on the second planet).

An electronic version of Learn To Play Guide you will find on FFG site. Link:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2c/b5/2cb53a16-3714-4ee1-aba0-3e87896f9e1c/learn-to-play-web.pdf

Edited by LE0987

The picture on p.14 is incorrect. There is a clear conflict between the text on p. 12 and the picture on p. 14 - which also tells you to follow the text on p. 12. It looks like someone copied the exhausted picture of the Goff Nob because they knew the unit still had 3 damage on it after the battle, and the editors didn't catch that because of the way the battle played out, the Goff Nob would be ready (with 3 damage on it) when Plannum moved the unit.

Long story short, when an effect moves a unit, the ready/exhausted state does not change - unless the effect also says to ready or exhaust it. Planet Plannum does not say to change the state, so it does not exhaust the unit it moves. (The picture on p.14 is not accurate; the text on p. 12 and the general "movement vs. ready/exhaust" rules are correct.)

Retreating, routing and committing all move units and change their states from ready to exhausted (if applicable) because the rules for those effects specify the change in state in addition to the move.

Mobile does not change the state of the unit (one way or another) during the move because it doesn't specifically change the state, only the location.

Edited by ktom

ktom-->

thank You very much.

So on the picture on page 14 LTP Guide are two errors:

1. Goff card (on the right) on planet 1 should have tree demage tokens and should be ready (it is),

2. Goff card (on the left) on planet 2 should be READY.

Best Regards

I don't know that I would call the Goff card on the right (at planet 1) ready and undamaged an error. That's the correct post/commitment - pre/battle state of the card (i.e., what it looked like before the battle started).

The post -battle state of the Goff card on the left (at planet 2) is incorrect in that is should be ready, though.

Just follow along with the text on p. 12 & 14. That tells you the proper outcome, no matter what the pictures show.