Starship Critical Hits Space Hulk

By Quasimojo, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

I have a quick question about table 8-12: Critical Hits in the core rulebook. If you reach a critical hit of 11+ you roll 1d10 and if you get 1-7 the ship is considered hulked. If you then go to the write up in the same table for Space Hulk, it says to roll 1d10 for each component. The next text says "On a 1-2, it is miraculously untouched, but is unpowered. On a 3-7, it is depressurized and damaged. On a 9-10, it is completely destroyed, and all crew inside are killed. Reduce Crew Population to 1d10."

This seems to be missing the possibility of rolling an 8 and also seems a little harsh on reducing crew pop to a total of 1d10. I could not find any errata information on this or any other posts about it. If anyone has any information on the missing 8 or whether the crew pop should really be down to a total of 1d10, it would be appreciated, thanks.

Huh, I had never noticed the 8 thing being missing before. Reducing crew population to 1d10 actually makes sense to me. Hulking a vessel means that the ship is essentially 90% exposed to void and very little works. Only people in the "miraculously undamaged" components or quarters would survive, and most of those will die because they don't have void suits or ways to leave their quarters.

Yeah the 1d10 population thing makes sense.

For the 8? I'd just put it into the central segment. 3-8 rather than 3-7