4 2/5 All Life is Prey +3L
3 2/5 From the Mouse, Humulity +3L
4 2/5 For the Money +3M
4 3/5 Communing with the Ancients
3 3/5 Enraged Golem
4 3/5 The Ultimate Team +3L

Total: 60 cards + 1 character

-o-o-o-o-

Boom goes my crap, and boom goes my opponent. I have no idea how else to explain this...

Crushing Embrace of the Jotun

MarcoPulleaux said:

Crushing Embrace of the Jotun

I'm still wanting to use Dragon's Flame over Crushing Embrace not only because of it having a block, but because it makes subsequent attacks stronger. I'll try it out, though.

But see...you're Bryan Fury. You're not "I'm a technical fighter who sets up for one giant kill", you're, "ALL OF MY ATTACKS ARE F**KING THREATENING EAT MY THROWS *****!"

Azure Knight is kinda fun with Bryan. Communing with the Ancients, not so much.

2nded on Crushing Embrace btw

Wafflecopter said:

Azure Knight is kinda fun with Bryan. Communing with the Ancients, not so much.

2nded on Crushing Embrace btw

Communing with the Ancients? I kind of want to play more than one attack, and that's barely possible with two foundations in my staging area which are mostly going BOOM. It also makes blocking a lot easier with its Evil E (which is constantly overlooked by people).

Which is the big reason I'm iffy on Crushing Embrace, as it has no block.

So? You have 29 health, and really, there isn't much blocking in this game anyways =p

LOL

Well I found my fourth Crushing Embrace of the Jotun, only to realize I don't remember where I put the other three, but it's a matter of time lol

I wonder if making him off of Earth isn't a better idea, but Earth (other than Crushing Embrace, Body Slam and that Astaroth UR that I don't have more than 1 of, and those ALL have Fire too) doesn't seem to have many 5 damage throws...

So my attack lineup is looking like:

4 Crushing Embrace
4 Body Slam
2 Midnight Launcher (IRL)

Woot. I was considering Tandoya, as it's a low attack with a Stun (or The Boot which has a block too but is mid zone). Astaroth's Body Splash still calls to me in all its blankness and says "Hey Al, use me". If I had more throws, Dragon Breath would have a better purpose here.

A friend has a version of this deck built and it's doing fairly well at our tournies. But his attack line up looks like this:

4 Crushing embrace

4 The Boot

4 Tandoya

4 Body Slam

From what I can see from his deck, he pops CWtA on his kill turn. drops a boot or tandoya for some stun action. Then hit's hard with a throw. Of course blow a foundation with every attack so he can pump the rest a little more with All Life is Prey.

Honestly, I like a lot of lower cost stuff in Bryan Fury, in terms of foundations. Hope for One's People, From the Hawk (just for stats), etc. I mean, you're just going to blow them up anyway, ya know. (And you already have brooding in).

No Longer Controllable seems a little redundant, and Unstoppable Warrior is pretty much that except better :x

I'm currently running Bryan Fury, and I've found that going off of earth and fire helps a lot. You get access to a lot more useful stuff, which helps quite a bit.Path definitely needs to go in here. I'll give you my build and see what you think.

Characters:

Bryan Fury

Astaroth

Attacks:

Astaroth's Body Splash x4

Cleave x4

Crushing Embrace of the Jotun x4

Hades Ax x4

Leg Slash x4

Assets:

Path of the Master x2

Foundations:

All Life is Prey x4

Body Transformed x2

Brooding x4

Communing with the Ancients x4

Driven by Fear x4

Enraged Golem x4

Financial Troubles x2

Fury of the North x2

Hope for One's People x4

In Search of Plunder x2

Laughable x2

The Man behind the Mask x4

Regretful Existence x4

Stand Off x2

Torn Hero x2

I'd say keep Midnight Launcher in your build, just because it's a great card. I unfortunately don't have any. :(

All of my attacks are 3 checks. I don't have a single check in this deck lower than a 3. It helps to know that you're going to check at least a minimum of a three, so that there's no surprise bad checks. Driven by Fear could possibly be replaced, but when I do get the chance to use it, it wins games. It's usually Bryan fodder however. Also, 0 difficulty foundations are your friend! Sure, you can't use them until you're at desperation, but if your opponent isn't doing it, you have the resources to take yourself there. Free +1 can be the difference between winning and losing. I have yet to lose a match with this deck. I've even been playing against stupid legacy jankness. The players in my group are great players too. I'd say my best match would've had to be against Sasquatch. I surprising didn't lose to it, although I probably should have. Super aggro-ness is awesome. Regretful Existence is a nice +2 that also feeds All Life is Prey.

Anywho, try it out and let me know what you think. I've been thinking of switching my attack lineup, so I may try running with a variation of your attack lineup to see how I do.

My deck runs 4x Crushing Embrace, 4x The Boot, 4x Leg Slash, 4x Cleave and 2x Astaroth's Body Splash.

Also I run Stand-Off and Unstoppable Warrior, it gets kinda absurd quickly.

IT'S STILL NOT AS GOOD AS RUNNING LION SLAYER AND UPPER CLAW

>:|

Nice list. Our B.Fury runs

4x Body Slam
4x Crushing Embrace
3x Midnight Launcher
3x Leg Slash
3x Cleave

Runs pretty well and kills on turn 3 like.... 85%. It's killed turn 2 a lot of times too.

Good luck with it!

I'll likely remove Dragon Breath because I don't need a mid weapon anymore (an earlier rendition of this used Dragon's Flame, and it was sort of ironic that way).

I found my Crushing Embraces, so I'll likely go with that.

Boom goes your crap? Al you might wanna get that checked out lol...But I like the deck , it looks similar to your other fire deck that you always check 2s on lol.