Card Anatomy Question - Noob

By Guyver23, in CoC Rules Discussion

If you look in the Core Game Rulebook on Page Four in the lower right hand of the page at the Cthulhu card there are two little icons in the upper left between the cost number and the title - I've been looking everywhere for what these mean and I haven't found it. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

That represents one of the keywords: Steadfast, which you will find explained on page 12 of the Rule Book. The symbol means that you must have that many resources among all of your domains in order to play the card.

Some cards have faction symbols in their title. These symbols are part of the card’s cost. These new cards are know as Steadfast cards. When a player drains a domain in order to pay the resource cost of playing a Steadfast card, he must have at least that many resources on the total number of domains he controls (and make a resource match as normal).

Example : Darin wants to play the character card “T-Men” during his operations phase. “T-Men” is a cost 5 member of the Agency fac- tion, with 2 Agency faction symbols in its title. In order to play this card, Darin must first have at least 2 Agency resources attached to any number of domains he controls and drain a domain with at least 5 resources (one of which is Agency).

It would've been smart of them to have included some note about it in that card anatomy section, given they specifically chose a card with Steadfast for that diagram.

Thank you most kindly! It was drinving me nuts!