Box Size -Anyone know how big the core set is?

By Allxmen, in General Discussion

As the title indicates, does anyone know how big (physically) the box is? Is it a 12x12 like the 1st edition core set or smaller? Any help is appreciates.

My guess is the same size as a Conquest Core Set (which is closer to the size of a deluxe expansion than a 1st Ed Core Set).

Since there will be no title-figures and no gameboard for melee in it there is no need for it to be as big as first edition coreset was. I think the size of a deluxe-expansion would be a bit small though considering there have to be 200-250 cards + power- and gold tokens in there.

It's all but certain to be Conquest-sized.

FWIW, Conquest is 10x10x2

The sides of the insert are tall enough to protect the cards and gives the box top support. There is still enough overlap to make a secure storage solution. I use two core boxes to keep all factions separated and sorted and should still have space for the first expansion and most of the second cycle before needing a third. I have two cores and one of every cycle and expansion of Netrunner stored in three core boxes with room for at least one more expansion and cycle.

Considering LCGs are infinitely expansible, I'll stick to standard longboxes.

No argument. It's just that I'm coming at it from the angle of someone who wants to put AGoT on the bookshelf. Ideally I want there to be room for at least six 60-card decks and plenty of sleeved plot cards. Then store the rest of the collection in longships longboxes.

If you pick up the Artist Sketch Case from Hoby Lobby as your 'long box' then they have an uncertain to hold 5000 unsleeved, or 3000 sleeved cards in the 15 x 12 inch case.

Cardboard storage works fine but just does not stand up to time for me.

If you pick up the Artist Sketch Case from Hoby Lobby as your 'long box' then they have an uncertain to hold 5000 unsleeved, or 3000 sleeved cards in the 15 x 12 inch case.

Cardboard storage works fine but just does not stand up to time for me.

Linkage?

Thanks everyone. This is quite helpful. Looks like all indications will be 10x10x2. Thanks!