Rash Action

By Darth Zilla, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hello everyone,

I just want to make sure that we are playing this event correctly...

If my opponent plays a unit and exhausts all his objectives to do so (including placing one focus token on Heart of the Empire) and I play rash action - can he go back in and place two more focus tokens on heart of the Empire to cover this?

My thinking is that he can't because the event is a reaction and therefore comes into effect after the unit enters play; after it was paid for. Rash action isn't increasing the cost necessarily but rather forcing the opponent to spend two resources to avoid a focus token.

Is my thinking correct on this or does my opponent have the right to go in and add any focus tokens to any objectives he used to pay for that unit (if they are a 2 or 3 drop).

thanks

I believe you assumption is correct here. For, in order to trigger the Reaction his Action must be resolved. And one can never add focus tokens to a multi-producing sorce once it has been exhausted to any level.

Core rules, page 16: " After a player has generated sufficient resources from one or more resource-providing cards, he plays the card he revealed or executes the ability he designated ."

So the order is: reveal the card, generate resources (in this case by exhausting all objectives), play card. Then the Rash Action is triggered as a reaction to the card having been played.

You can't have the reaction if the triggering condition (DS playing the unit) hasn't been fully finalised. So at that moment your opponent has no choice but to generate 2 resources from (an)other ready card(s), or put the focus token.

Thank you both for your responses. That's the way I read it as well but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating... :) Thanks again!