Strange Eons - Talisman Plug-In Progress

By talismanisland, in Talisman

I just thought I would share a screen of what I have been up to with the Talisman plug-in for Strange Eons this last week.

se_sept09.jpg

Rather than concentrate on Expansion Icons, which are a little pointless (though they will be left in), I have added the icon holder for Expansion Requirement. This is shown on the Dungeon Door cards, where the Dungeon is of course needed for them to be in play.

I have added the numbers 7 - 0 in case people wish to add new card timings, and you can now add any card type you like just by typing it in. "Enemy - Vegetable" anyone?

You can also opt to have no number, in which case you get a card without a jewel in the corner.

You also get to choose between a number of predefined icons in your card text.

I am also tidying up the plug-in as I go, removing random gaps and comments that are not needed and updating it so that it uses the new functionality that Chris has added.

Besides which, the DIY examples that Chris has made and commented in are far more useful than anything I could come up with.

More as it happens... hopefully it should be done in a week or so.

Oh, and if you have any ideas or requests for possible features in a future update to the Talisman plug-in, just post them here!

My oh my, you have been busy!

As have you I see! gran_risa.gif

A couple of things have been nagging me and I have added a bit of stuff to help with a couple of ongoing expansions, but it's all good!

edit - Changed pic for a clearer view...

I was just about to suggest adding a required expansion symbol but now you added that too! That is indeed good news to me!

If you want another suggestion I have one:
I have noticed that you can change colour (hue, saturation etc.) to the custom cards for Arkham Horror. I would like to see a similar feature for Talisman.

Though this is not a very important feature and do not add it if it is going to delay your release by much.

Hinnyboy said:

If you want another suggestion I have one:
I have noticed that you can change colour (hue, saturation etc.) to the custom cards for Arkham Horror. I would like to see a similar feature for Talisman.

Though this is not a very important feature and do not add it if it is going to delay your release by much.

That's already possible:

SE_Colour.png

I'm suggesting You to visit SE Tag list: www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/tag-table.html

That was not what I meant.

If you try to create a custom small card (or what ever it is called - I do not have access to it at the moment) in SE you notice that you can change colour to the card itself, including borders and background.

That has crossed my mind, but would take a bit of doing as I would need to remake some graphics so the borders are not affected etc. I also need to check if it is actually possible in the DIY part of SE.

I think it is a good trade-off to use an exisiting card template and just alter it how you see fit as you can always use a different back when you print them.

I may add the option to print a Dungeon card with an Adventure card back on it, but it won't be in the next release. This would allow you to make cards that affect other areas - "Something is stirring in the Dungeon" or somesuch. There could even be nasty surprises waiting for you in the Treasure Deck...

talismanisland said:

I also need to check if it is actually possible in the DIY part of SE.

'Tis. But...

It wouldn't be obvious how you would do it in currently available versions. Making it easier is one of the things I've been working on. Actually, it's pretty much done: I just finished writing and testing the example code. The new code will be available in the next experimental release (2.1a3).

Cheers,
Chris

Excellent news, Chris! I shall make some inroads into making some blanks then!

I see these features no longer work in latest edition of SE.?