First play 2 questions - start of combat and combat

By Rasiel, in Middle-earth Quest

Hi,

we played your first game and dont know how to resolve few situations.

1) One of Saurons minions has the ability to give a hero corruption card at the start of combat. But when Sauron wants to play a shadow card that is also resolved at the start of combat, which is resolved first? Rules dont say anything about this situation. We finished arguing and resolve these abilities simultaneously (so the shadow card didnt get bonus from new corruption card). Is that right ?

2) When exhausted, that players combat card is canceled, so it is considered that the player or monster have no card played. As in the example

Argalad now resolves his ability from this round. It does
not provide him with +3 attack since his opponent is
exhausted (and therefore did not play a Melee card).

and by the rules

When a player becomes exhausted during Calculate Strength
(part c), the Combat card he just played is canceled (meaning that
the attack and defense is reduced to zero and any ability on the
card is ignored).

But, what happens if the card has ability ascing not for the played type, but printed defence ? Attack of opportunity has +attack if your opponents printed defence is 0. Is this ability resolved ? Thematically it shoud be - just finish that exhausted bastard (it is surely a good opportunity to attack :) ) , but we dont know what it is "by the book".

Rasiel said:

1) One of Saurons minions has the ability to give a hero corruption card at the start of combat. But when Sauron wants to play a shadow card that is also resolved at the start of combat, which is resolved first? Rules dont say anything about this situation. We finished arguing and resolve these abilities simultaneously (so the shadow card didnt get bonus from new corruption card). Is that right ?

2) When exhausted, that players combat card is canceled, so it is considered that the player or monster have no card played. As in the example

But, what happens if the card has ability ascing not for the played type, but printed defence ? Attack of opportunity has +attack if your opponents printed defence is 0. Is this ability resolved ? Thematically it shoud be - just finish that exhausted bastard (it is surely a good opportunity to attack :) ) , but we dont know what it is "by the book".

#1: I would say Sauron gets to choose which order to apply these. I'd do Mouth of Sauron first, then, as it's still the start of combat, play my Shadow Card.

#2: "If one of the players is exhausted, he has no card to reveal,
and only his opponent reveals a card. The exhausted player
is presumed to have zero attack, zero defense, and no card
ability, and his combat type is considered to be neither
melee nor ranged." (p. 28, under step 3b "Reveal Cards")

So AoO would IMO kick in if opponent is exhausted.

P.S. Not a fan of the quoting/editing around here.

Thanks for answer, and because nobody else react on this i assume that this is right, so Sauron choose the order of this abilities and cards and bonus is added when oponent is exhausted (so he has 0 defence).