Woodland character tokens

By Rigmaster, in Talisman Rules Questions

Played a game last night with woodland expansion. We used only woodland characters and the war of seasons ending.

My wife played the spider queen and made one of the best tactical moves I've seen in the game - placing a Web token on the Toad king one space before the witch tree, literally blocking the woodland region for me and the last player.

When it came down to the resolving the ending my friend managed to finish of the spider queen with a well placed reaper-misfortune. Now, what happens to the Web tokens on the board? As we already were playing on overtime we used logic and removed them from the board for a quicker ending. However, logic is rarely (or never) the way to play Talisman and to be fair I think they should stay on the board as nothing in the rules indicates that they should be removed.

Same goes for the other characters tokens as well, Scouts hidden path tokens for example.

Thankful for any input in the matter.

Page 13 -

Characters in this expansion have special abilities

which require the use of specific tokens. The use of

these tokens is described on the respective character

card. If a character who uses tokens is killed, remove

all of his tokens from the game.

After playing 4th edition Talisman since release I'm still fascinated by the rule books. No matter how often or carefully they're read things are always missed and overlooked. At least by me. :)

Thank you. I've to take another turn with the woodland rules sometime soon.