Online LCG's

By andy100, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Before I get into the main topic, I would like to say one thing. I've been playing LCG's for a few years now, but my biggest problem was always the same: finding opponents. Card/Board games are not popular where I live, most people live under the impression that there are toys meant for kids only. I still own a few LCG's, and plan on buying AGoT 2nd. edition when it releases, but I fear I won't be playing it a lot for reasons I mentioned before.

I know FFG has had a very good attitude towards software/apps that allow online play, with a few conditions, to make sure people own a copy of the games they play.

My suggestion is to make an LCG online platform, that allows you to find and play with remote opponents. To keep it profitable for FFG, I suggest adding something like a serial number / unique code inside every pack for every game / expansion, so if you buy the physical copy, you can use it online too. If you are not interested in owning a copy of the game, you get the option to buy digital copies, for online play only.

I am familiarised with OCTGN, and have been using it for some time now, but I was just wondering if FFG would be willing to make a fully automated version of their games, similar to MtG: Duel of the Planeswalkers.

I believe that making it strictly online, and with the unique codes for every box/pack, piracy would not be a concern.

Please share your thoughts on the topic, and suggest improvements to it, if you have any, or simply share your skepticism, why it wouldn't work.

I live in a small town in Iowa about 3 hours from FFG. For me to find real players I have to travel to the game center there in MN. Online LCG would be freaking amazing. I would even pay money for the xpacs personally.

While there are many price models that FFG could adopt, a monthly fee would definitely be reasonable.

While there are many price models that FFG could adopt, a monthly fee would definitely be reasonable.

I would not mind a monthly fee either. If I could play these games with other people, rather than begging ( literally begging :D ) friends to try out new games, it would be a much better experience.

Edited by Andy99