Brighton / Sussex / South Coast UK players?

By Tetsugaku-San, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

It's a bit US centric here but I'm hoping there's a few of you!

I'm playing at the local war games club , Brighton Warlords (sorry you'll have to go to Facebook and search for them). If anyone fancies a game you can join the group and set up games for Monday's or Wednesdays. And it's hosted in a pub!

There's also the UK Star Wars armada group on Facebook which is well worth joining for any UK tournaments.

Edited by Tetsugaku-San

Reading based here, so I don't know if that's far enough south for you. Also, just tried taking a look at that facebook page, and sadly they've blocked anyone without a facebook account from viewing the page.

I asked and it's spam issues apparently - they'll let any legit person join however!

Sounds great, but where would I join?

The community is mainly based around the Facebook page I think but there's also plenty of people who play there but don't use the FB group at all. I should probably offer to help with their web presence. Anyway, they play every Monday evening , most Wednesday's with frequent weekend tournaments. The pub is the king and Queen, big place with a function room :)

Looking around, http://www.redsquadron.org.uk seems to be a good opportunity for the UK community to organise without being dependant on facebook. Let's hope enough of the community start using it to reach a critical mass :D

Let me know if you're anywhere nearby!

There are a couple of us starting up in Portsmouth (at the PAWS club) and I understand there are more groups playing nearby.

I'm based near Brighton, but I couldn't make this event :( - I would like to come along for some games at the K&Q though! I tried singing up for the Facebook page - but nothing happened.