Warhammer 30K Narrative Campaign

By TK Hammer, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I'm soon going to receive Dark Heresy 2nd and I plan to combine it with a Great Crusade narrative campaign. The characters are still being thought up, but this is my idea so far:

The opening scenes of the campaign involve contact with a sector of space. To learn if compliance can be achieved without warfare, a diplomatic mission is sent to meet with representatives on a neutral, uninhabited planet on the sector border.

Characters are transported in an Aquilla Lander, so there will be seven passengers and the two crew:

1. Diplomat: I was thinking of using an adept with strong communication skills.

2. Adept: In this case, someone who has been able to quickly study and learn the language. Plenty of deciphering and language skills.

3. Recorder: Someone who keeps a record of the diplomat's many negotiations. Possibly with a couple of servo skulls, one with a pict recorder and the other scratching away on scrolls. Perhaps the character will be more a controller.

4. Remembrancer: Another adept, possibly paired with the recorder, who will have plenty of skills for investigating, studying and writing. She's the Lois Lane of 30K.

5,6,7: Three guardsmen, the diplomats bodyguards, who will be the only "action heroes" of the group.

Both pilots will have skills for land, air and space vehicles and navigation skills.

I welcome any input you might have.

What exactly are you soliciting input on?

Are you handing out pregens, or are the players all making their own knowing what their mission is?

Are there actually already servo-skulls in 30K? I only read a few books of the Horus Heresy series and from there I don't remember any references to servo-skulls ...

@eltom13

Check out the right shoulder of a "Horus Heresy" Iron Hands Gorgon Terminator:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/gorgonsp1.jpg

@cps

While I'm creating the characters, there's been plenty brainstorming sessions. The team is what was decided on but I've got the paper work to do.

I've posted here to see what others would do with the characters. Specifically skills, talents etc. I'm capable of doing it myself, and player preference trumps an Internet forum, but I still like to know what others would do.

We're all for listening to a better idea.

@TK Hammer: Thanks for the hint!