Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee and Ranged

By Euthan, in Only War Rules Questions

Quick question ...

PC Sergeant uses pistol and sword and has all the Two-Weapon wielding talents. If he swings with the sword and takes his target out, what can he do with the pistol? Is that attack wasted or can he shoot at another target? There is a line in the rules that the pistol can only be used on the target in melee, but I assume that implies that target is still living.

Thanks!

He can still shoot another target within 10m, or more with independent targeting. At least, that's how I'd rule it.

I would do the same. melee+ranged TWF is already underpowered compared to melee/mlee or ranged/ranged.

Yes this was one of the first house rules I implemented when I running dark Heresy.

I find it kind of silly that the most iconic form of wielding weapons in 40k is the least useful and most expensive in this game line.

100% Yes. He paid all that XP to be a bad.a.s.s with both a sword and a pistol in one round, then let the NCO be a bad.a.s.s.

In other words, he shouldn't be punished for killing something with one weapon just because he built his character to be good at killing things with both.

LET HIM EAT CAKE.