Invasion or Conquest?

By TuffNutz, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hi all,

I bought Conquest about a month ago and me and my wife enjoy it a lot , casually ofc.

I am a big fan of Warhammer and the old world and wondered if it's worth purchasing the core set of Invasion also?

Does anyone have experience with both? Should I just start buying a few battle packs for conquest and waiting for the the tyranids expansion? I hear with Invasion its best to get an expansion or two to really enjoy it, and catching up seem's quite expensive.

Sorry to ask but just was wondering, thanks all.

It'll be expensive either way, whether you buy most or all of Invasion, or keep buying Conquest. With Invasion, you at least have the benefit of hindsight and can more accurately determine which expansions are most worth getting.

I think Invasion is the better game, but tastes vary of course. And for the time being Conquest at least has a more active community and better tournament support, if that matters to you. I'd say get the core set of Invasion to see if you like the base mechanics. No doubt the game improves with expansions, but I'm sure this will apply to Conquest too.

Thanks, ye those are good points.

I'm starting to look into Relic now also :lol:

Although the base game is more expensive ,it seem's like fun too. **** FFG have so many good looking games.