Building Baratheon

By Helmageddon, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Hi everybody i have been playing the LCG game for a while now and i have most of the chapter packs and the kings of the sea expansion. I really like house baratheon and their abilities. I have a pretty good deck going right now i just need a few tips on how to make a solid and competitive baratheon deck. Any help would be awesome thanks.

Why don't you start it off with an outline of what's in your deck and your experiences with it? That would give us a lot more to go on.

Good call i totall spaced on that. Here is what i am currently running in my Baratheon deck. Sorry for the long post couldnt figure out how to shorten it. Any feedback would be great.

Characters

Ser Davos Seaworth x1

Master Cressen x1

Host of Storm's end

Bastoard of Robert x1

Demons Dance x1 Stanis Baratheon x1

Edric Storm x1

Exhausted Horsemen x1

Jon Snow x1

Shae x1

Army of the Faithful x1

Brienne of Tarth x1

Arena Knight x1

Master Aemon x1

Renly Baratheonx1

Stannis Northern Cavalry x1

Mance Rayder x1

Melisandre x1

Priestess of the Pyre x1

Robert Baratheon( Claims additional power) x2

Shadow Stalker x1

House Tyrell Guard x1

Old Red Priest x1 Summers Champion x1

Attachments

White Raven x2

Black Raven x2

Shadows Blessing x1

Stinking Drunk x1

Motley x2

Demons Dance x1

Lightbringer x1

Burning Sword x1

Locations

Narrow Sea x2

The Wall x1

Street of Sisters x1

King Roberts Chambers x1

Great Hall x1

Shadowblack lane x1

Stormlands Fiefdoms x1

Aegons Garden x1

Events

Muster x1

Prosrosperity and Plent x2

WInter Reserves x1

Retreat x1

Retreat and Regroup x1

Missing Recruit x1

Distinct Mastery x1

Distraction x1

Summer Reserves.

Sorry Forgot my plots here they are, and i also tend to run a summer agenda.

Plots

Snowed under

The winds of Winter

Wildfire Assault

A time For Ravens

Uneasy Truce

A song of summer

The Power of Blood

well i don't personally like to run both summer and winter tech in the same deck, but if its working for you then thats cool. though i would definatly not be running the summer agenda in a dec kwhere i was going to be making it winter myself. the -1 to the draw during winter is just not a good thing to do to yourself.

You should concentrate on Summer (Kings of Summer, Samwell - draw, Gilly) , quick Power Grab (characters with Renown, Power Challenges, Martial Law, Distinct Mastery, Arena Knight - with Summer again:) ) and Noble Crest (2x Power of the Blood Plot), some more saves than plot (bodyguard, Lightbringer etc), and drop some cards to make opoonent's live harder (like Milk of the Poppy). Thats i see Baratheon Game:)

Actually Baratheon Winter is pretty strong with The Wall and Shadowstalker.

What you are getting here is your deck is not very focused. You have a lot of good cards and some neat synergy between 2-4 card sets in it, but your deck would probably work better if you figured out a single primary focus (standing, winter, summer, renown, intrigue, power, etc.) and worked those cards as your core group. Then figure out what cards can really support those cards and that mechanic. Lets say you want to do an Asshai deck (I'm not saying you should just using it as an example). You include Melisandre, Old Red Priest, Army of the Faithful, Preistess of the Pyre, Zealous Collector, and Fiery Followers. Now some of these you may want x1, some x2, some (maybe all) x3. Take a look at what cards work with the asshai trait. Coincidently they are already in your deck (Mel and AotF). So we have cards that power up your Asshai and get reduced by the number of asshai you have in play. You have a lot of intrigue and power icons available to you, and you have some vigilant. Any of these can become a secondary focus for you.

Toss in Seductive promise because you have some strong power icons available to you. Toss in Fury of the Stag for the same reason and now you have multiple opportunities to steal characters from your opponent. Toss in Support of the Kingdom and you can know steal locations! You need some claim soak and you need some more utility characters. So you toss in the rufgees and Robert's Bastards. Etc. etc.

Your deck could easily be focused in a few different directions, figure out what mechanic you either enjoy the most, or gets you the most bang for your buck in your meta and focus on that. It maybe Demon dance and changing of the seasons (though I'm mre likely to run that out of Targaryen since they can search for and recycle attachments a bit easier than others), or it may be non-kneeling defense. Each of those will require a number of cards to ensure you can do it regularly and a number of cards that can take the most advantage out of it.

If you are looking for a suggestion, try a Vigilant Winter deck using The Wall. Your Vigilant characters keep standing every time you win a challenge on attack, The Wall means you don't have to kneel anyone to defend. Add some Distinct Mastery and/or To Be a Stag and you could be giving your opponents absolute fits. Keep a reasonable icon spread and you should be able to oppose pretty much every challenge (barring greyjoy and their intimidate), and even Lannister kneel shouldn't be too painful, since you should be able to stand back up a few of your characters with a won attack.