3D

By The one and only2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

What to you use to make 3D dungeon, and if plaster what type ?

I used this:

hirstarts.com/cavern/descent.html

Everything is explained there.

It looks like this:

rnknvbnk.jpg

nz45493x.jpg 6wh4lbaa.jpg

And finally some poor monsters against the great battlemage Jaes: (: hunj7vzv.jpg

Hm that didn't work, and I didn't find a way to edit my post, so here the pics again:

rnknvbnk.jpg

nz45493x.jpg 6wh4lbaa.jpg

And finally some poor monsters against the great battlemage Jaes: (: hunj7vzv.jpg

I also used Hirst's Arts molds for my set, although I didn't use the Descent specific molds for the floor tiles....I preferred slightly larger spaces. I can highly recommend Hirst's Arts molds, they're fantastic. The whole process is very very easy too, it's just very time consuming and a lot of patience is needed.

As far as what type of plaster to use. The best bang for your buck is probably Hydrocal. It's reasonably priced and is a very strong plaster. Hydrostone is even stronger, if you want something super strong. I used the standard Hydrocal and it has been excellent and very durable. I made these a couple of years ago and now, they seem just as new as the day I made them. You can also get a lightweight Hydrocal, which weighs surprisingly less when cast, but it's not as strong or as durable as standard Hydrocal......and I have also had some minor problems mixing the lightweight Hydrocal accurately in the past.

These are just some pics I took when I first made the board pieces to show some friends......they're not actually in game pics.

IMG_2504.jpg

Pic2.jpg

What if I just want 3D treasure chests and gold piles?

Hawknight said:

hirstarts.com/molds/molds2.html

p85L.jpg

you want mold #85

Just remember that monsters can stand on chests and gold. Having these 3D makes this slightly more difficult but I still use my 3D ones in my RTL game.

granor said:

Hawknight said:

hirstarts.com/molds/molds2.html

you want mold #85

Just remember that monsters can stand on chests and gold. Having these 3D makes this slightly more difficult but I still use my 3D ones in my RTL game.

Thanks!! I was forgetting that things might need to stand on a chest....

OMG! This is amazing....I think i am drooling