Relic: Halls of Terra rule questions

By DomaGB, in Relic

Howdy folks. Had a great game of Relic with the new expansion yesterday.

In fact, I did not fully expect to be playing with the new expansion. Myself and 2 friends each own the game and the 1st expansion, after I introduced it to them, they each bought a copy :D . we all are Talisman fans. But we have only played about 5 games of Relic in the last year and a half.

For 2 months I been going to a board game meetup and have found a couple of new friends and one of them has wanted to play Talisman with us, hasn't happened yet, but Relic was coming up so I invited him. I also told one of my friends a new expansion was out, and he bought it for our Saturday play.

1st off I think the new expansion is awesome! I like it more than the other expansion, but of coarse I like boards!

Now to some questions.

The rule book states to treat the new board like the Outer and Middle tiers (the 1st 2 rows), and the last row as the Inner tier.

1. If an enemy causes all players in the Outer Tier to lose a life, would those in the new expansion be effected?

2. Also I had an Relic that allowed me to teleport to any Outer or Middle Tier with a threat icon. Could I teleport to the 1st 2 rows in the new expansion?

1 last question, which doesn't apply to the expansion but just game rules in general.

3. When using that teleportation power, are you allowed to roll your dice for movement and then decide?

For years when playing Talisman, we played if you achieved a teleport for your turn and forgot and rolled the dice you lost the teleport. This changed when we started playing the Digital version of Talisman and found if you rolled the teleport was still available. My new friend from the meetup thought this was worth finding a legit answer, the rest of us wanted to go with our Talisman ruling.

Thanks!

Edited by DomaGB

1 & 2) Sol, Palace, Outer, Middle, Inner tiers. Not the same . There are similarities.

One exception:

" Any game component

(other than the board itself) that references the
Inner tier refers to both the Inner tier and the
Imperial Palace tier."

3) In most cases you use a special movement ability before rolling your movement die.

It's actually quite hard to remember, your first instinct is to roll your die to quickly indicate you're starting your turn and/or to cut the previously player off to make him/her hurry up.

Then you be like oh cr*p I forgot to use my ability/power card.

Edited by warlock00