Paul Humphreys Small Magic set

By Uvatha, in Talisman Home Brews

I really loved Paul Humphreys Small Magic set for 2rd ed Talisman so I have imported them to 4th ed. I've added two card that I tried to get the same sort of flavor too. And the two Talisman promo cards (for those that do not have them, like me) I'm thinking of increasing the set to about 30 cards trying to get the same sort of flavor of game text and interesting (not really game-breaking) text.

I am thinking of putting in some sort of deck "looking through" card so the adventure deck can be Zoomed through quicker because of its huge size. And having a different back so players can see that a "new" card is coming.. Plus because cards will look different anyway it does away with the obvious "oh that's one of those home brewed printed cards" thus allowing all players to realize this together.

Ideas on cards or texts welcome. Here they are: Linky - https://www.dropbox.com/s/56iq03qnrthgeph/Small%20Magic.png?dl=0

I really loved Paul Humphrey’s Small Magic sets for the 2nd Edition too (as soon as I added them to the game they became 'official' as far as I was concerned) I absolutely love what you have done with his set Uvatha! J congrats buddy. The two promo cards are a real bonus too, making a set of 30 or so sounds exciting and if I can help in anyway I would love to help.

As for the ‘looking through the deck’ card, what about some sort of magic object say like a magic looking glass / magnifying glass. Roll the dice to determine which card type to search for (1-6 works well as there are 6 main types) and then the player may search for a card of that type and put it on the top of the deck. Use once and discard.

I really loved Paul Humphrey’s Small Magic sets for the 2nd Edition too (as soon as I added them to the game they became 'official' as far as I was concerned) I absolutely love what you have done with his set Uvatha! J congrats buddy. The two promo cards are a real bonus too, making a set of 30 or so sounds exciting and if I can help in anyway I would love to help.

As for the ‘looking through the deck’ card, what about some sort of magic object say like a magic looking glass / magnifying glass. Roll the dice to determine which card type to search for (1-6 works well as there are 6 main types) and then the player may search for a card of that type and put it on the top of the deck. Use once and discard.

25.jpg

Edited by jackyboy

Uvatha,

These cards are awesome! I will definitely be printing a set out. Some are just really clever and inventive. great job.

Uvatha,

These cards are awesome! I will definitely be printing a set out. Some are just really clever and inventive. great job.

I agree with you there! The initial cards were made by Paul Humphreys but Uvatha has done a stand up job on updating the art for 4th edition :D :D :D