Tournament Software

By Edsel62, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Has anybody made any tournament software for Armada yet? Is there any tournament software that can be made to work with Armada? Even a spreadsheet with some good macros would be useful.

FFG has been Beta testing thier event software TOME throughout Regional Season. It is for all of thier games. Right now it borders on fairly not use able sadly.

Just finished Cryodex for Armada last night. I would consider this still in beta as well. I have a few testers hammering it pretty hard so if there are any problems we will not soon. You're welcome to give it a shot and yell at me if you find anything wrong.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSUPTc8mA2nSTJRaENjLXV6LWM&authuser=0

I am experimenting with it tonight. Making fictional players and scores. I like it so far and will let you know if I encounter any problems. Sent a sawbuck your way, thanks.

I am experimenting with it tonight. Making fictional players and scores. I like it so far and will let you know if I encounter any problems. Sent a sawbuck your way, thanks.

Thank you for the contribution Eddie! It's people like you that keep me motivated to do my best.

The software performed flawlessly during our tournament on the 18th. Thanks again.

Cool. I'll try it out on my next tournament

My friend and I tested out some scenarios last night with the software. If resolved all the points and placing correctly as far as we can tell. I am going to use it at my tournament on the 23 with pen and paper as back up. I will let you know how it goes.

We used it at a 10-man tournament this weekend....as far as I can tell, it performed flawlessly!

Hi Killerardvark,

thank you for your tool.

I would like to give you some feedback too but....how to execute the file? :huh:

Cheers

Hi Killerardvark,

thank you for your tool.

I would like to give you some feedback too but....how to execute the file? :huh:

Cheers

Do you have Java installed on your system?

Windows - simply double click on the Jar file and it should run.

Mac - I have no idea, I eat apples not compute with them.

Linux - You have to use the command line java -jar cryodex.jar

Edited by Killerardvark

Hi Killerardvark,

thank you for your tool.

Cheers

Do you have Java installed on your system?

Windows - simply double click on the Jar file and it should run.

Mac - I have no idea, I eat apples not compute with them.

Linux - You have to use the command line java -jar cryodex.jar

I am running the software on a Mac. To open on a Mac is simple, you just click and the file opens and is usable. Sometimes your security preferences will not allow you to open the file because its from an unknown publisher. I don't know if the way I did it is the best way. But I didn't want to change my security settings. So I was able to work around it by dragging the file to my desktop and then right click open and allow permission

Did some testing with some mach Tournaments and also so free play. Working Good so far. Looking forward to trying it on a tournament on the 22nd of August!!

Keep up the good work and Thank You!!!

I've never used Cryodex software. Does it function offline? I won't have an internet connection at my FLGS.

I've never used Cryodex software. Does it function offline? I won't have an internet connection at my FLGS.

Cryodex has no online connection at all after you download it. (Unless you click the donate button which links to Paypal :D )

Gonna be using this for the Vassal Tournament. I'll let you know how it goes.

We used the tournament software Sunday in our tournament and it worked flawlessly

Thank you so much, the software worked without a hitch.

Excellent! Fyi, i have a big update coming that will implement the new rule set and add some new features.

Excellent! Fyi, i have a big update coming that will implement the new rule set and add some new features.

Any word on the big update. Don't mean to pressure you. Just looking forward to it.

Any word on the big update. Don't mean to pressure you. Just looking forward to it.

Ran into some complications getting the new rule set just right. Hopefully be out this week some time. I'm pretty close to having it done.

Yay! Good timing I have a tournament to run this Saturday. But now I have to wait until I get off work and back home to download it. Just 9 hours or so. :rolleyes:

Edited by Edsel62

Ok, feel free to check it out. This version can run X-Wing, Imperial Assault, and Armada.

https://github.com/Killerardvark/CryodexSource/blob/master/Cryodex.jar?raw=true

When I try to set up an Armada Tournament in Version 4.04 and I get to the "First Round Pairing" and "Choose Point Type" screen I am only given options for X-Wing style point types, not Armada.

I Have not tried it for X-Wing or Imperial Assault, only Armada.