Buffalo, Rochester, Southern Ontario

By chriscook, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Anyone out there from Toronto to Rochester area playing?

I live in a suburn of Buffalo. Some folks in my meetup group have and play Armada, including me. Lots of game stores here, one that runs X-wing tourneys. I havent talked to the owner about Armada yet, but plan on it.

Hey, we live in Williamsville and would love to meet up. What hobby store, Collectors in Kenmore? We have been there for xwing. Two Kings in the Eastern Hills mall would be a great place to meet up. Lots of space. But we will meet anywhere. Are there any week nights that are good for you and your group? We have 3 or 4 players.

Chris

I live near Brockport. My Best Friend and I have been looking for someone around to play armada with and possibly even a 2V2.

Hey, we live in Williamsville and would love to meet up. What hobby store, Collectors in Kenmore? We have been there for xwing. Two Kings in the Eastern Hills mall would be a great place to meet up. Lots of space. But we will meet anywhere. Are there any week nights that are good for you and your group? We have 3 or 4 players.

Chris

I'm in!! I know they play a lot of X-Wing at Collectors so I planned on going there sometime, but anywhere is fine. I have a limitation right now. I just had rotator cuff surgery and only have the use of 1 arm for the next ~6 weeks? I'll find out more at my Weds doctor appountment. I've tried manipulating ship dials and squadron activation sliders with 1 arm and it seemed futile. I'd hate to have someone move and manage everything for me. :(

Anyways, I'm definitely interested and my Meetup group has 2 other players. We should be good to go. How should we arrange a date/time? Email? Texts?

We could play 2v2 soon, with one of my meetup friends helping me. I'm sure they'll oblige.

Edited by z22

buffalo is a bit far for me on a weeknight (unless its friday), but i could go as far as batavia

OK, my other buddy is in Scotland till Thur, so lets set something up at 2 Kings the week after the 4th. How about Tue the 8th? What time can you guys get there by? My email is [email protected].

Chris

That date should be good for me, but July 8th is a Weds? I can't play on Weds. 2 Kings has X-Wing/Armada casual play at 5pm on Mondays. Do you want to play on Monday or Tuesday? I could get there any time after 4:30ish.

Are we playing 2v2? Initially, that would be best for me.

my email is

CenterPoint at rochester dot rr dot com

buffalo on a weeknight aint gonna fly for me unless its a friday. gonna have to wail till next time i suppose.

I ment Tues, sorry. 5pm would be perfect. 2x2 would be fine unless we have even peeps, then I will play alone vs you and your buddy. When did they start having xwing and armada up there? I was there 2 weeks ago and they said they were finally getting xwing product. I then told them they should jump into the armada stuff and be the flagship store in buffalo for it (no pun intended) because there were 2 other stores doing a lot of xwing, Dragon Snack and Collectors. BTW, whats your name?

chris

im steve

Hi Chris and Steve, I'm Paul. Chris, Tuesday at 5 is good for me. I'll get back to you about my bud later today. I pulled this quote from their facebook page:

" Two Kings Gaming , June 22 at 11:44am ยท

Monday:

Warhammer Fantasy: The 2015 Summer Campaign starts today at 5pm! Stop in and talk to Gavin for details.

X-Wing/Armada casual play at 5pm

"

If you end up having an event out that way on a weekend, post it here please! I'm Syracuse-way but would absolutely travel west for a weekend tourney or such.