Halls of Terra - Other interesting facts for those without the game

By warlock00, in Relic

Lure of Chaos scenario:

- Where the most corrupt wins or everyone with no corruption wins.

- You may draw corruption to alter your die rolls.

- When forced to draw corruption you may lose 1 attribute instead.

- Skill duel those with more corruption and take/discard 1 of their corruption cards.

- You choose to activate or facedown your drawn corruption cards.

Black Crusade vs Abaddon the Despoiler - Coop scenario:

- The 12 spaces of Sol randomly become corrupted.

- Everyone loses when all 12 spaces are corrupted.

- Fight Abaddon to clear the corruption and everyone wins.

Abraxis Synethi

- Has 3 daemon engine minions in his nemesis deck of which all are only an attribute of 3.

- But there are 6 nemesis arsenal cards that buff the deamon engines: +1 battle score x 5. +1 battle dice, reroll on 1s, explode on 5s, cannot evade.

12 New Threat cards, here are some interesting ones:

- Blue threat (for a surprise Vanquish) - Exocrine with attribute Strength 10. At the start of this battle, each other player in your tier loses 1 Life.

- Yellow threat - Iyanden Spirit Seer with attribute Cunning 4. Place all your Eldar trophies on your space. Treat them as enemies.

- Yellow threat (for a surprise Corruption) - Black Legion Warptalon with attribute Cunning 6. Test Willpower 6, if you fail, each player in your area draws 1 Corruption card.

- Red threat - The Lost Relic Encounter. Test Cunning 13 to draw 1 Relic card.

4 New Relics, all powerful as all have only 3 charges each.

5 Corruption cards, 4 negative, 1 positive.

10 Missions, 1 for each of the affiliations, and the 10th gives a Champion card as a reward.

9 Champion cards, give bonuses of 1 in skill test, battle, power limit, asset limit plus an interesting written bonus.

40 Orange threat cards:

- 2 Apostate cards. One is interesting luck of the dice. 1) Lose 1 attribute. 2) Lose 1 Life. 3-4) Nothing. 5-6) Gain 1 attribute and 1 Life.

- 2 non-apostate wargear cards.

- Many cards require an affiliation to be useful.

- 10 cards have a skill test component.

- 9 enemy threat cards ranging in attribute from 2 to 4. All heretics or traitors. Weak enemies, albeit one adds your cunning to their 2.

Hey. Thanks for the intel.

Can you please tell me how many stuff in this expansion remains if we throw away the additional board? I have a lot of complicated board games and I bought Relic to relax and enjoy it's simplicity from time to time, and this expansion adds stuff like new board, new threat deck, affiliations and their tokens. So, my question is: if we remove all game components related to these new additions, how many components that can be used exclusively with base game and Nemesis expansion remain?

Edited by John Constantine

HoT board specific:

- Sol system board.

- 40 orange threat cards.

- 9 champion cards.

- 54 affiliation tokens.

- 1 scenario card (although you could custom rule this to make it work, use 3 spaces on each side of the outer tier).

- 9 imperium tokens.

- 10 mission cards.

Not HoT board specific:

- 2 scenario cards.

- 12 red/blue/yellow threat cards.

- 5 corruption cards.

- 3 character pieces and character sheets.

- 1 nemesis piece and nemesis sheet.

- 15 nemesis cards.

- 4 relics.

Edited by warlock00

Well... yeah. I guess, I'll consider it if I'll have some spare cash. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Well... yeah. I guess, I'll consider it if I'll have some spare cash. Thanks a lot for the answer.

U can still use new cards and apostate assets without using the rules linked to "being a fair or an apostate" or similar... As I did when I played the 1st time with all the stuff from all the expansions !!!

You can still go and house rule the new stuff like I do when I use the Orange cards even without adding the Sol System: I use the house rule that when your movement ends into a corner space or a "written text instead threat icons space" you can choose to resolve it as normally done or draw a single card from the Orange Deck (allowing players to see and use the cool stuff into it even without Sol Board Active)

If you want a really fun play session I suggest you to buy all the sets done till now and add all the rules and stuff !!!

Just a passionate suggestion however !!! Nothing more than a taste's matter !!! LOL

Peace

Lure of Chaos scenario:

- Where the most corrupt wins or everyone with no corruption wins.

- You may draw corruption to alter your die rolls.

- When forced to draw corruption you may lose 1 attribute instead.

- Skill duel those with more corruption and take/discard 1 of their corruption cards.

- You choose to activate or facedown your drawn corruption cards.

Black Crusade vs Abaddon the Despoiler - Coop scenario:

- The 12 spaces of Sol randomly become corrupted.

- Everyone loses when all 12 spaces are corrupted.

- Fight Abaddon to clear the corruption and everyone wins.

Abraxis Synethi

- Has 3 daemon engine minions in his nemesis deck of which all are only an attribute of 3.

- But there are 6 nemesis arsenal cards that buff the deamon engines: +1 battle score x 5. +1 battle dice, reroll on 1s, explode on 5s, cannot evade.

12 New Threat cards, here are some interesting ones:

- Blue threat (for a surprise Vanquish) - Exocrine with attribute Strength 10. At the start of this battle, each other player in your tier loses 1 Life.

- Yellow threat - Iyanden Spirit Seer with attribute Cunning 4. Place all your Eldar trophies on your space. Treat them as enemies.

- Yellow threat (for a surprise Corruption) - Black Legion Warptalon with attribute Cunning 6. Test Willpower 6, if you fail, each player in your area draws 1 Corruption card.

- Red threat - The Lost Relic Encounter. Test Cunning 13 to draw 1 Relic card.

4 New Relics, all powerful as all have only 3 charges each.

5 Corruption cards, 4 negative, 1 positive.

10 Missions, 1 for each of the affiliations, and the 10th gives a Champion card as a reward.

9 Champion cards, give bonuses of 1 in skill test, battle, power limit, asset limit plus an interesting written bonus.

40 Orange threat cards:

- 2 Apostate cards. One is interesting luck of the dice. 1) Lose 1 attribute. 2) Lose 1 Life. 3-4) Nothing. 5-6) Gain 1 attribute and 1 Life.

- 2 non-apostate wargear cards.

- Many cards require an affiliation to be useful.

- 10 cards have a skill test component.

- 9 enemy threat cards ranging in attribute from 2 to 4. All heretics or traitors. Weak enemies, albeit one adds your cunning to their 2.

DARK CRUSADE scenario is "BROKEN" (it is unbeatable - I played it dozens of times and I still have to see a win for the Imperial Characters... In addiction; I playtested it with normal rules and it is unbeatable if you do not use the Eldar Nemesis - which is the sole winner I have seen till now - by making that nemesis to reach to level 25 in "infamy" as soon as you can !!!).

They have not playtested it at all in my opinion...

It always see the players as losers and on the long run and without using house rules or the Eldar Nemesis it becames frustrating !!!