Favorite Regiments?

By JupiterExile, in Only War

So, what sort of regiments is everybody building and playing? Some bit of standard gear that you can't go without? A homeworld that stands above the rest?

Currently, we're playing a game as a Salvage Regiment with Sappers doctrine and an Introspective leader. EVERYONE has tech use, technomat, operate, foresight - and a plasma cutter. We solve problems. Not problems such as "what is beauty", for that would fall within your purviews of philosophy.

We have another game running on a different day of the week, it's going to end very soon. That one has been running mechanized, I would personally like to switch to drop troops.

I've played Drop Troops & Arbites Close Assault. I've GMed for Mixed Regiment, Drop Troops, Armoured, Motorbike Rough Riders.

So far, I definitely prefer infantry based games. Much easier to run. More fun.

So far I love Stormtroopers and Stormtrooper style regiments, so Drop Troops is a good fit for me, but I would love to play something espionage / stealth oriented for a change. My squad has never once successfully completed a stealth mission as per the mission parameters. We always go loud, blow **** up & get accused of heresy, whilst being war-winning assets. Just once I'd like to actually assassinate someone lol.