If I bought the game now, what are my odds of getting an "unbroken-figure" copy?

By jgt7771, in Middle-earth Quest

I could just be patient, and wait the 4-6 weeks until my choice is foolproof...but I don't really wanna wait. Are the defective boxes a regional thing? (I'm in California.)

That's not the question you want to ask and you know it. The real question is:

"How much faith do I have that FFG will send me replacement figures if the game that I buy has broken figures?" I suffered from this same dilemma. Showing my normal lack of self control, I bought the game anyway and took the risk. Voila! All figures intact! Go buy the game.

Here's the good news: The game is the real prize here, not the figures. If you like Middle Earth enough ($80 worth of enough) the figures are an unnecessary addition anyway. Whether you get broken figures or not, you can still play the game. You can still enjoy the game, and it's one of the best I've ever played. And you WILL get replacement pieces in a timely manner if necessary, just like with any other FFG product.

Robert

In my area the game has sold out and I havent heard of the broken figure problem. I think alot has to do with shipping and handling the game. I say go for it and see gran_risa.gif