Dice Accessory Pack >> Update / Correct Dice Mix

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

When the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Dice Accessory Pack was first announced, it's product listing unfortunately contained some incorrect infomation regarding the dice mix, which caused some confusion.

I'm pleased to provide the updated, correct dice mix for the Dice Accessory Packs:

• 3 Characteristic dice (blue d8)
  • 2 Reckless dice (red d10)
  • 2 Conservative dice (green d10)
  • 2 Fortune dice (white d6)
  • 1 Expertise die (yellow d6)
  • 1 Misfortune die (black d6)
  • 1 Challenge die (purple d8)

The Dice Accessory Pack's product listing is being updated to reflect this corrected information.

Well this is surely an improvement...

But a starting character can still have a starting skill of five... and have 4 reckless or cautious steps...

So this set is still not really enough for one single player...

When we got a game mechanism that makes you add and remove the number of successes from different dices you really want to roll all dice at once.

Better gran_risa.gif

Two, or three of those should satisfy my players (the starter ones are mine, and my only demonio.gif ).

The distribution seems better. happy.gif

Still, will the dice also be sold individually? I would like to have more flexibility when deciding which dice to buy for my group.

It sound better then the first news, this dice pack is a better version - more comfortablke for players.

This is better, but it still seems like you would need two full sets of these to have enough for a single player. Based on the price, thats a bit expensive (~$20) just for each player to have their own complete set. Again I would suggest the idea of a "Players Set" that includes a full complement of dice for stats, skills, expertise, and stance and a separate "GM's Set" that includes additional dice for challenge, fortune, and misfortune.

I realize that FFG is going the group -shared dice route, but I think they fail to appreciate how much each player prefers to have their own set of dice when it comes to RPGs. For boardgames its perfectly acceptable to share dice, but in Roleplayers can be a fickle and superstitious lot when it comes to someone else using their lucky dice.

Redcrow said:

...but in Roleplayers can be a fickle and superstitious lot when it comes to someone else using their lucky dice.

Quoted for truth.

My last game, a player pretty much FLIPPED THE HELL OUT because people kept on using his dice. He's usually a calm and composed guy too.

Dice... do this to people.

$12 for 12 dice, $1 per die. Slightly expensive as far as generic dice go, but average for custom dice. Do a quick search online for custom dice, and the few I went to (Chessex, for example) were $1 per die, except for bulk orders.

If a player is that picky with their dice, and don't want to share, then they can feel free to buy their own. That's on them, not on the GM or the other players.

[Edit: My mistake. I just looked again at some website and realized that Custom dice are normally $1 PER SIDE , so that would make $6 per die for a six-sided die, and so on. Makes the FFG price look quite cheaper in that light ]

dvang said:

[Edit: My mistake. I just looked again at some website and realized that Custom dice are normally $1 PER SIDE , so that would make $6 per die for a six-sided die, and so on. Makes the FFG price look quite cheaper in that light ]

lol haha yeah if thats not gana stop the annoying senseless complaining

Hmm I would have expected the dice set to have more than that, even at that level it seems low on challenge dice given an average difficulity is 2 Challenge dice. (guess it would have bumped it over the doesn dice mark though).

The bigest downside to each player having their own dice is that they all look the same.