Beginning of a narrative

By TK Hammer, in Forbidden Stars

Welcome reader to my first post on the FFG forums.

I wish to start this post by expressing my excitement regarding Warhammer 40,000 Forbidden Stars. This is exactly the sort of game I'm looking for to get back into 40K.

As with most games, it'll end up having names altered to fit into my own narrative. I'm planning a narrative campaign, a vast story, that spans multiple games. Much of the details will, over time, be appearing on my blog but I've literally just made my first post yesterday. But I encourage you to follow as Forbidden Stars will start the narrative.

How so?

The ??? Sector has been isolated by warp storms for centuries but is now opening up. During it's isolation, the unfortunate inhabitants suffered from raids by Work and Eldar pirates but worst of all the armies of Chaos. Now the Imperium is able to reclaim the ??? Sector in the Emperor's name. Spearheading the liberation are the Ultramarines, or a recent Successor Chapter.

OK, so it's basically the same game with the same story. Just different names.

But from a tiny seed a mighty tree will grow, and from this game a whole epic saga will grow to an apocalyptic conclusion. So stick around, as I'll be posting more in this topic as I....

1) Buy the game and review it

2) Practice the game until I get the feel for it

and

3) Begin my narrative campaign by playing for results

This is going to be legen.....

.....wait for it.....

.....dary!

This sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Yeah, I'm getting excited about this.

In many ways I prefer FFG to GW where 40K is concerned. Was going to have Forbidden Stars form the prologue to a joint Deathwatch, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Only War campaign with Black Crusade villains.

Currently I'm holding off placing an order for Forbidden Stars until I see what Age of Sigmar is like. But I must admit, I'm a 40K addict of 25 years and, even if I switch the tabletop, I'll still be roleplaying in the 41st Millennium.

Forbidden Stars begins

Combined RPGs are the bulky middle

Assassinorum Execution Force finishes....or will it?

Great idea TanK Hammer!

My continued frustration with GW40K is - awesome genre, crap rules.

C'mon GW - there's no reason why you can't radically alter the rules and stats to make it go beyond the dated and often boring IGOUGO format. It's not as if you're not averse to publishing new rule and army books!

PS loved the auto correct typo of Ork to Work - I feel like it raids my life far too often.

Ah yes, you've got to look out for "Work" raids.

I'm actually giving up on 40K and going 30K instead. Great Crusade Era.

I'm going to have to do repaints but here is what I've got:

Ultramarines: repaint them silver as they represent Iron Warriors.

World Eaters: repaint them purple as they represent humans resisting compliance.

Orks: perhaps repaint them, dirty red or Brown, as they're Freebooters.

I've had to set up a new blog, current one had gremlins, and once that goes "public" there'll be plenty of information as I build up to the Great Crusade arriving. Orks and free humans will battle each other for a few rounds before the Expeditionary Fleet arrives.

I'm even thinking of using Dark Heresy for a Remembrancer accompanying a diplomat who, with five others, are shot down. Thus leading to war.