Rule help needed

By MrM00dy, in Runewars

Hi guys,

Yesterday I played a game of Runewars and we had two rule problems.

After a battle all my units are dead but I still have a strength of 4 due to the order card garrison and the title Lord commander of the warriors guild.

At the end of the battle all my units are dead but my enemy still has 4 units remaining. I am the defender and usually cause he has a str of 4 and I have a str of 4 I should win. Yet we thought since all my units are dead I automaticly lose. Is that correct?

Second question: My objective is to destroy an enemy fortress or damage 2 fortresses in one turn to gain a dragon rune.

After I won a fight against an enemy fortress my enemy destroys his own fort with a tactics card. Does my objective now count as fulfilled?

Anyway what other way is there to "destroy" an enemy fortress? If I win i just turn it to the damaged side donĀ“t I?

Thx for your help.

MrMoody

You don't need to have any units surviving to win the battle. All that matters is strength. So in the case you describe, the defender still wins.

As for the fortress question, I would say "yes", but I've submitted this for a rules clarification, so I'll let you know when I get a response. Note, however, that you can destroy an enemy fortress when capturing it. When you capture an enemy fortress, you are not required to replace it with your own.