Anything in the Broward County, FL area?

By Panzeh, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I just bought in and was hoping to see if there's anyone in Fort Lauderdale or even Miami who plays this.

I am in Coral Springs. Have you found any other players or a store in our area that plays Armada?

Edited by Swusn

I contacted the store linked above and they say as of now they do not have organized Armada nights but they might do it in the future. I would guess if a few of us started playing there they may start hosting tournaments. If any one in the area wants to meet up please PM me and we will set something up.

Update if anyone is interested. I started going to "The Adventure Game Store" in Davie on Tuesday nights at 6:30. They have a group of people who play X-wing there regularly and a few of them seemed interested in Armada. I will be bringing both Imperial and Rebel fleets to this store almost every Tuesday night for the foreseeable future. If you are interested in playing come on down. (If you are interested PM me and we can meet up)

Note: I went to the store for the first time last Tuesday. I was not sure what to expect as this is the first minatures game I have ever been into and have never been into board games or pen and paper RPGs. I went into the store to introduce myself (without armada as I was not sure what the social etiquette is of bringing a different game to a scheduled game night). I wanted to ask around and see if it was ok for me to bring the game the following week.

I totally expected 4-5 "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpsons type characters and I could not have been more wrong. There were about 15-20 people in the shop, 5 of which were playing D&D, 6 where playing X-Wing and the rest were playing random board games and appeared to be having a blast. One guy came up to me and introduced himself, he asked if I was interested in playing a game of X-wing and walked me through a simple match. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

If you are in the area and on the fence about going to one of these stores for a game night I will advise you to go. You will have a lot of fun and meet people who are very passionate about the games. Hope to see you there soon.