Anima: Gate of Memories on Steam Greenlight

By Killercloud, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Awesome! Hopefully the success will snowball into more book releases.

ahh someone already made this post.

I am sure it will. The better the game does, the better Anima does in general. A video game will bring in more direct income for a small team like that than the books will, since they have publishers, book fees, and translators etc to pay. Books are rarely lucrative through large publishing, but it would impossible for a small group like Anima to self publish anyway, especially in as many markets as it does. So please promote the game. I like many here am a huge Anima fan, and every copy sold not only helps bring us more books, but maybe even more games like this. If it does REALLY well, maybe the Anima team can expand too, and that would help us all out in getting more content.

I am sure it will. The better the game does, the better Anima does in general. A video game will bring in more direct income for a small team like that than the books will, since they have publishers, book fees, and translators etc to pay. Books are rarely lucrative through large publishing, but it would impossible for a small group like Anima to self publish anyway, especially in as many markets as it does. So please promote the game. I like many here am a huge Anima fan, and every copy sold not only helps bring us more books, but maybe even more games like this. If it does REALLY well, maybe the Anima team can expand too, and that would help us all out in getting more content.

My only concern is that it might snowball into more game releases, rather than more book releases. I would become quite disappointed at that point.

My only concern is that it might snowball into more game releases, rather than more book releases. I would become quite disappointed at that point.

It will likely lead to both, but there is a chance if it does poorly enough (based off the typical cost of a game) it could sink the production company, especially since its just three people. So as far as that goes, I would totally back it either way. I don't mind more Video Games if it means more books too.

I seriously can't wait for this game to come out. I've also heard some stuff saying that the book detailing the New Continent might be translated some time after the game's release, but I digress. My friend's and I always wanted to see how this game translated into a video game.