The Last Reliquary

By warlock00, in Relic

The special game rules sound awesome for PvP fun.

The confrontation though sounds a little odd:

1 relic offers no benefit over 0 relics.

Harsh how you lose a relic if you fail a roll.

Reach 5 life, go to Sol and get 9 affiliations, jump to DW-Braxas, fail 4 tests and lose 4 life, get to the scenario sheet, and sit there until you roll three 6s.

Can do this while still a level 0 character with no relics.

The scenario is trying to promote PvP play through relics yet little benefit is gained from having some in the confrontation.

Spend two hours trying to gain 2 relics. Fail first confrontation roll. Time wasted.

Consider that if you have a relic you are the target of skill duels.

Edited by warlock00

Should there be a rule for not being allowed to freely discard apostate assets?

People go around taking apostate assets then immediately discarding them.

Devotees to the very end, never hunted.

At the very least, discarded assets should be placed in your space on the board.

Edited by warlock00

You seem to be implying that gaining 9 affiliations is a trivial task. It's not. If a player accomplishes this, they have every right to attempt to beat the scenario in the manner that you suggest. Also remember that if this is in fact the preferred method of beating the scenario, ever player has an equal opportunity to attempt it in this way.

Thank you for the feedback Nematode. Going to require more testing to formulate my final opinion.

The Inquisition Champion has an easier task.

The point is I don't want this to be an easy path as I'm trying to find that game mode that promotes PvP significantly.

Edited by warlock00

Thank you for the feedback Nematode. Going to require more testing to formulate my final opinion.

The Inquisition Champion has an easier task.

The point is I don't want this to be an easy path as I'm trying to find that game mode that promotes PvP significantly.

You seem to be implying that gaining 9 affiliations is a trivial task. It's not. If a player accomplishes this, they have every right to attempt to beat the scenario in the manner that you suggest. Also remember that if this is in fact the preferred method of beating the scenario, ever player has an equal opportunity to attempt it in this way.

Should there be a rule for not being allowed to freely discard apostate assets?

People go around taking apostate assets then immediately discarding them.

Devotees to the very end, never hunted.

At the very least, discarded assets should be placed in your space on the board.

AH AH AH...

I CHALLENGE YOU...

TRY TO BEAT THE "DARK CRUSADE" SCENARIO REACHING 9 AFFILIATIONS BEFORE THE SOL TIER SPACES ARE ALL CORRUPTED (WHICH ENDS THE GAME IMMEDIATELY WITH THE "AI" AS THE WINNER !!!) AND WITHOUT USING THE "LAST RELIQUARY" CARD AND / OR THE ELDAR NEMESIS !!!

LOL LOL LOL

...THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME IF IT IS A "SO EASY TASK" AS YOU STATED HERE OR IF IT IS "IMPOSSIBLE" INSTEAD !!!

Edited by IvanB