Nano tech protect WS from Direct hit AC?

By snacknuts, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Does the Nano tech protect a Warsun/Dreadnaught from someone playing a Direct hit AC?

i.e. War sun moves into a system with an enemy PDS. The PDS fires and rolls a hit. The War Sun's controller (who has the nano tech) assigns a hit to the Warsun, and the PDS's controller plays a direct hit card hoping to destroy the WS.

Does the Nano tech protect a Warsun/Dreadnaught from someone playing a Direct hit AC?

i.e. War sun moves into a system with an enemy PDS. The PDS fires and rolls a hit. The War Sun's controller (who has the nano tech) assigns a hit to the Warsun, and the PDS's controller plays a direct hit card hoping to destroy the WS.

Bad example... the faq does cover pds fire and direct hit... let's change my example to a normal combat round hit from an enemy unit.

Nano tech prevents your dreads and WSs from being targeted by action cards, right?

Is direct hit an action card? If so then it cannot target your WS if you have nanotech.

Or do I have the wrong effect in mind?

Forgottenlore is correct. Direct Hit tells you to destroy a ship, and so that ship is targeted by the card. Nanotech prevents War Suns and Dreadnoughts from being targeted by opponents' cards, which would include Direct Hit.