Eliza Farrow ability

By Patmox, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Does Eliza Farrow grant her ability of +2 damage and range to friendly figures within 6 range onto herself ?The wording is similar to the Command ability, except that the latter specifically mentions the fact that it also benefits the bearer. But the wording being so similar, we decided to go with the fact the Eliza is a friendly figure to herself. Any thoughts ?

Hehe, funny, I was about to ask the same question myself after looking over all the Lieutenants in preparation of my first RtL campaign.

I'm in doubt myself as to how her ability works, because if it were to affect herself too, I don't see why it wasn't formulated as being "Command 2" with a range extension. It's also hard to judge by her dicepool whether she wasn't meant to have it or not. Sure, ranged damage output usually isn't really high, but being a Lieutenant, it's hard to find another figure to compare with.
But on the other hand, logic dictates that she would benefit from her own ability, as she's obviously considered a friendly creature. In most other games where the same phrasing is used (all friendly figures within x range), it includes the source itself. Still begs the question why it was so obscurely formulated.

Anyway, it's a solid question which I too would like to see answered. A yes or no makes a huge difference (especially because she's able to Battle), and I can already see it being an issue at our gaming table.

Patmox said:

Does Eliza Farrow grant her ability of +2 damage and range to friendly figures within 6 range onto herself ?The wording is similar to the Command ability, except that the latter specifically mentions the fact that it also benefits the bearer. But the wording being so similar, we decided to go with the fact the Eliza is a friendly figure to herself. Any thoughts ?

Is a figure 'friendly' to itself? IMO yes.

I think the 'extra' clarification on Command was only needed once and only needed to counter the perverse sort of rules lawyers. Once there it provides an example for similar wordings IMO.
It could be argued that it being there in one place and not other places is an indication of difference. In some cases that would be true. In this one I don't think so, mainly because the basic rule ought to be sufficient to mean the same thing and the extra clarification only confirms it despite against any dodgy lawyering.