Scale comparison (Armada Ships)

By zirro93, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Hey everyone!

The reason for posting this is because I got some friends that told me they weren't going to play Armada because of the scale. But how terrible wrong is actually the scale?

I think we all know that the squadrons (tie fighters and x-wings etc) aren't even close to the correct scale, but what about the ships?

I decided to search the web for some correct measurements but the closest I got was a mail about using the lucasarts game Empire at War (since the scale there would be very close and also easy to measure).

Even if some of you now might say that the ships in Empire at War is not correct, I still think it's good to show how close the Armada game scale is to the EaW game scale. The only ship that seems a bit wrong is the Nebulon, who should be a bit longer then what the model in the Armada set is, other then that the scale is actually very close to EaW.

Will be doing similar tests when wave 2 will be released :)

9lj0vc.png

I still dont get why you would use EaW as a reference. There are plenty of better sources out there. If anything the Neb-B is much to big (only the Cr90 is even more out of scale).

Here is quick one, I did put together for Star Trek Armada:

pic2477062_lg.jpg

I still dont get why you would use EaW as a reference. There are plenty of better sources out there. If anything the Neb-B is much to big (only the Cr90 is even more out of scale).

Here is quick one, I did put together for Star Trek Armada:

pic2477062_lg.jpg

Sorry I can't see the picture :(

As I said "Even if some of you now might say that the ships in Empire at War is not correct, I still think it's good to show how close the Armada game scale is to the EaW game scale."

There is a chance that they used the game files for reference while deciding the scale for the game... Just look at the wave 2 SD and Home 1, they're also very similar in game 2mdmakm.png

Yeah, I can see your picture now, and I've seen the pictures before (just didn't think they were correct either, but you know they're correct????).
Anyway, lets say the picture has correct size of the ships.

30rqzo7.png

Yes, the Corvette in armada is a little longer then on your picture, same with the Nebulon (but not much).
The Assault Frigate on the other hand looks a little to short.
And Home 1 looks like it is too small (or the SD is way to big, but don't think so ;) while the Mc30 is a little long..

Still, dosn't matter if you use Empire at war or this picture, the armada ships size isn't THAT wrong :P

Edited by zirro93

Still, dosn't matter if you use Empire at war or this picture, the armada ships size isn't THAT wrong :P

How well does the Corvette fit into the Star Destroyer's docking bay?

My understanding is that it was the ISD, not the VSD.

If you mean the Victory-SD, no the Corvette doesn't fit so well there, but it shouldn't either because it was an Imperial-SD that we saw in ANH anyway....

But when I'll get the hands of a ISD from Wave 2 I will sure measure how big the scale difference (cuz we know that there obviously will be a difference, just wondering how big?)

My understanding is that it was the ISD, not the VSD.

If you mean the Victory-SD, no the Corvette doesn't fit so well there, but it shouldn't either because it was an Imperial-SD that we saw in ANH anyway....

My question was rhetorical. The docking bay on the ISD model is not going to be that much bigger than the docking bay on the VSD model. Even the docking bay on my 15" ISD model is not big enough to swallow up the CR-90 model that we got for Armada.

If your friends are puritan sticklers for scale, then they are right to be disappointed by Armada. I'm a bit of a stickler, and I've played around with the scales of SW ships a LOT. I am also in the 'acceptance' stage of grief, and am having plenty of fun with Armada. Your friends should do the same.

I'm a little puzzled at so much in this thread. So many of the ship lengths of all these ships are well documented and are easy to find in Wookieepedia. I'm not sure why you all are using Empire at War imagery rather than talking numbers.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein
Well, as I said before.. I will measure when wave 2 comes and see how huge the difference is.

.. Ehh you're free to post all the well documented info of all ships from wookieepedia, and do the math yourself. But instead of starting to measure my armada ships and then compared to the numbers on wookieepedia, this was better.

Still.... even if armada is not close to scale, it's very close to the EaW scale so (as said before) they might have used the files from EaW while creating the armada ships!