How to beat this Mono Jedi?

By Gunner070, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I've been play testing a lot with this mono Jedi deck and, I crap you not, it has won 95% of the time (including 10+ in a row). I've tried 3 versions of Sith control and 2 versions of Scum Capture/Force control and nothing seems to work. I know Jedi are on top in the current meta but I'm just looking for a deck that has at least a chance to get some wins.

May the Force Be With You (x2)

The Master's Domain (x2)

Self Preservation (x2)

The Survivors (x2)

Heroes and Legends (x2)

The Secrets of Yavin 4

The closest I've got is this:

Scum:

The Findsman's Intuition (x2)

The Hunters (x2)

The Slave Trade (x2)

"No Disintegrations" (x2)

Masterful Manipulation (x2)

I feel like this is on the right track but needs a tweak or two to stand up to it.

Thanks.

May the Force Be With You (x2)

The Master's Domain (x2)

The Survivors (x1)

Heroes and Legends (x1)

Hero's Journey (1x)

Journey through the Swamp (1x)

I believe this is the core of the deck, though people change it at will. Self-preservation seems the lesser choice to me (unless you play the new Obi). I myself use BotF Obi and the Moldy Crow to round things up. Others don't like those as they come with a pair of units that aren't always relevant (Wolfman and the almighty Colonist). use an extra Luke or Kyle. Luckily there's some variance or it'd be even more boring.

I first thought Trooper decks would be a good matchup on paper, but after some matches... Well.. then I thought the speedy Imperial Tie-decks are a good matchup. But then along came Quran which has cards that wreck that matchup. It's almost hopeless, though I did lose at the Regionals from a DS deck. Granted I drew 2 consecutive bad hands and made some errors like throwing away a Yoda fetcher when I had him in play. Still: the deck normally doesn't lose... Unless the trooper deck draws into a godhand with shielded troopers and everything. But that never happened so far (at least not in tourneys). They could lose if they 'miss' a main drop in the mid-game so I'd rather diversify the main choices than play switcheroo using an objective that may or may not be there.

Your formula seems solid against the deck, but I'd cut down on a Hunters set. You want to avoid the double uniques and they just don't do anything against the jedi deck. Snoova will 'hunt' for Nudges but nothing more (one of the reasons they usually don't play Self-preservation). The objective is fine but the whole thing just falls apart when an objective goes away as the Jedi deck divides it's damage well. What you want is the extra pistol-damage set. You need to generate more critters and just gang-block the jedi and shoot them. Personally, I think the new BobaFett is a bad call. It's a very reactional set against the few protectors they have, but not everybody uses them, instead opting for Deflections. Boba will just get snowed and using his one-shot to kill objectives won't win you the race. The other objectives seem like a good base for any Scumdeck, with Xizor helping a lot against the Jedi.

Edited by Marginal0

Scum:

The Findsman's Intuition (x2)

The Hunters (x2)

The Slave Trade (x2)

"No Disintegrations" (x2)

Masterful Manipulation (x2)

Do you think a strong capture deck would work against this? I was playtesting a Scum Capture deck this past weekend against a strong mono Jedi deck and did pretty well by limiting my opponent's cards via capture. Tattooine Crash was killer, especially paired with The Hunters so it had great damage capacity. The Findsman's Intuition worked great when my units captured cards to boost my Force during the struggle because there is not much in the deck that holds the force well (besides maybe Zuckuss and Xizor).

I found that my opponent struggled when I continually captured his guys.