Line of sight question.

By The Art Guy, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I play to OL out of my group and when spawning new monsters I seem to alway question myself if the hero has LOS to those spaces. I looked up the way to detremine LOS in the rule book but am still unclear on it. I'm mostly having trouble with if the heros can see squares around corners.

So, I started to use a string to help. I place the string in the center of the square the hero is in and end the string in the center I want to place to monster. If the string cuts through any square that has a object that blocks line of sight or a wall then i can place the monster.

Would this be a correct way of detremining LOS and if not could someone get me a method that would help?

The Art Guy said:

I play to OL out of my group and when spawning new monsters I seem to alway question myself if the hero has LOS to those spaces. I looked up the way to detremine LOS in the rule book but am still unclear on it. I'm mostly having trouble with if the heros can see squares around corners.

So, I started to use a string to help. I place the string in the center of the square the hero is in and end the string in the center I want to place to monster. If the string cuts through any square that has a object that blocks line of sight or a wall then i can place the monster.

Would this be a correct way of detremining LOS and if not could someone get me a method that would help?

That is actually a very good method of doing it. Alternatively, if you own WoD put that Bolt template to some actual use and use thatup on its side.