Wishing Lamp and Pegasus Ruling.

By WayToTheDawn, in Rules Discussions

Follow the Rulebook.

Ignore all previous rulings on the subject made by me or Trothael as they have been reversed.

Wishing Lamp and Pegasus only draws for the World Card, Leon 4 can only pull a Hollow Bastion World from the Discard, Hades discards all Olympus Coliseum friends (this will get an errata btw.)

That is all, this is the official ruling.

I'll notice that after the rulin, the boards go dead, as so many decks suddenly die off, 'n people scrounge for somethin new to tamper with.

Course, it means some other things as well, but it's more peaceful 'n quiet this way.

Either way, I still love my infinite draw deck!

does this effect the pumpkin deck or is that staying the same cause it has similar text as the problem cards but i dont have it in front off me so cant be sure

Bold text indicates the World Symbol

Italics indicates the World Card itself.

So in other words the IDT trick I noticed is now worthless.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I was about 98% sure that something like this would eventually happen. It was only a matter of time before people realized that they could just go full Wishing Lamp or full Pegasus and own like crazy. Guess I just couldn't get my point across since I generally fail at the rest of the game, but this is pretty much what I was trying to get people to notice.

But that's the thing about the hardcore crowd. You don't really have to tell them anything, they can figure it out on their own. With this ruling reversed, at least we wont get the crazy draw ownage anymore.

But it still seems like this game needs much better direction. I really don't know what the designers are thinking when they make (or made I guess, since FFG is only translating) set after set with wonky mechanics and unclear text that don't add much to the game besides confusion.

I guess it's a futile effort to try to fix someone else's broken game though.