Star Wars Armada, 1000 pts Game Rules?

By darkfortunex, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So I heard from my LGS, that Fantasy Flight (supposedly confirmed in a forum post by a member of FFG's dev team) was working on a rule set for a Larger Fleet Rule set beyond the Grand Tournament 500 Point Cap. More specifically a 1000 point rule set.

Long story short I came looking for information on such a Rule set; or at least a confirmation that such an idea exists, but so far my inquiries over both Google and Forum search have come up with nothing. I was wondering if maybe another forum goer might have links or information about just such a rule set.

Anyway thanks for your time guys.

Only ones that would know would be FFG and their playtesters assuming such an idea is true.

I'd limit the number of upgrades per ship to 1-2 at most. That can speed things up a lot.

I like a 1000point fleet idea. I can field three VSD, two GSD, and fighters. Or basicly everything that I have right now.

All the ISD's!

Maybe I'll run a CR90 swarm.

So I only need a dozen more. ;)

This is what I had in mind to limit the time spent checking on upgrades for each ship.

300 Points
1 Ship with 2 Upgrades
Max 1 Upgrade for the rest.

450 Points
1 Ship with 3 Upgrades
2 Ships with 2
Max 1 for the rest

600 Points
1 Ship with 3 Upgrades
3 Ships with 2
3 Ships with 1
Zero for the Rest

750 Points
1 Ship with 3 Upgrades
3 Ships with 2
6 Ships with 1
Zero for the Rest

900 Points
1 Ship with 4 Upgrades
2 Ships with 3 Upgrades
4 Ships with 2 Upgrades
4 Ships with 1 Upgrade
0 for the Rest

Something like this, maybe even more reduced in the sheer # of upgrades than this.

What about having two people per side?

What about having two people per side?

2v2 games are a ton of fun. usually i run them where each person on the side controls the ships they put on the board, and all communication is out in the open. the better a partner you have, the better you work together without communication, and the less your opponents have to work with,

2v1 is also fun. Give the side with 2 players slightly more points, but require them to deploy and act independently.

The regular rules work fine, minus the turn count. Just plan on playing for 3 hours per game minimum. It's a blast to play though.

20150703_173855.jpg

That's fantastic.

That looks like 600 each?

that was 1000 points each

i have 4 assault frigates, 3 neb b's and 3 corvettes, along with a ton of fighters

he had 4 vsd's 2 glads and every fighter he had.

he hit 981, and i was at 998 with upgrades

i have 4 assault frigates, 3 neb b's and 3 corvettes, along with a ton of fighters

Did he have Gunnery Teams going? Because that seems pretty advantageous at a time like this.

Did he have Gunnery Teams going? Because that seems pretty advantageous at a time like this.

I could see Gunnery teams being well worth the cost in this scenario.

gunnery teams were on all of the VSD's, he had them all kitted out the same with intel officer, expanded hangers and flight controllers