Darth Vader

By Daner0023, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So, we know everyone's favorite Man in Black is going to become a Commander in the next Wave.

What do think he will do? Points?

Do you think we might see our first Force function in Armada?

I was thinking something like this:

Force 3: Darth Vader may spend a Force point(s) to activate one of the following abilities:

1. For two Force Points a ship in his fleet may perform a Move 1 Maneuver after it reveals its Command Dial

2. Darth Vader may spend one Force Point to change a Command Dial after it has been revealed.

3. You may activate a number of Squadrons equal to the number of your Flagship's Squadron Rating as if you used a Squadron Command Token for one Force Point.

Edited by Daner0023

Darth Vader will be able to howl a terribly delivered "Noooooooo!" Whenever your opponent destroys a ship. 30 dollars....er...points.

Good question. I don't think Vader really used the force to influence other Capital ships. I would think he might be able to influence a small fighter squadron given range from his command ship. While he commanded a Ship he might be able to force extra commands. Like you send in point 2.

When your ship has a crew upgrade that has been disabled, you may use that upgrade whilst disabled but you must immeidately discard it.

The ability of certain force sensitive individuals included "Battle Meditation". This allowed the force user to reach out and supply passive benefits to their allies or, demoralize the enemy. More here . I can easily see a mechanic for this in Armada =D

Force choking those who failed him for the last time.

Sacrifice a crew to take extra commands or something like that.

Edited by Robin Graves

The ability of certain force sensitive individuals included "Battle Meditation". This allowed the force user to reach out and supply passive benefits to their allies or, demoralize the enemy. More here . I can easily see a mechanic for this in Armada =D

Wasnt that used in the Clone Wars and then again only again under Thrawn?

its really quit simple his ability will be " after you 'capture' an enemy ship with your tractor beam Vader boards and they tell your opponent 'You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!!!' then force choke him/her. you immediately win the game."

simple it all makes sense

You often see Vader in his meditation chamber on The Executor in the movies. I believe it is assumed he is trying to perceive the future but he could easily be practicing battle meditation as well.

Edited by Doldrum

You often see Vader in his meditation chamber on The Executor in the movies. I believe it is assumed he is trying to perceive the future but he could easily be practicing battle meditation as well.

I think its stated somewhere that this has do with his excessive need of medical treatment and suit maintenance.

I think its stated somewhere that this has do with his excessive need of medical treatment and suit maintenance.

That was certainly my understanding of his little egg chamber on the executor.

When any friendly ship reveals a command dial, you may immediately discard a crew or team upgrade from that ship to change its command.

When any friendly ship reveals a command dial, you may immediately discard a crew or team upgrade from that ship to change its command.

If you discard a crew or team upgrade from any friendly ship, that ship may reroll all its dice for that round.

so Vader is usually associated with very aggressive ability's so i think it might be like when one of your ships scores a crit it counts as 2 damage and the first 2 damage cards are dealt face up.

or something like that

I hope he doenst havnt some force power. It would be cool if he canceled your opponents commander ability. Its going to be something like add X dice to attacks, take 1 damage when you roll a blank...apology accepted captain needa....

I cannot quite remember for the clone wars, but I do know that Jorus Cbaoth (or however you spell the crazy old jedi's name) used it to assist Thrawn in a few battles. It was also used later on during the Yuuzhan Vong war, although on a much smaller scale, by the solo's children (and I believe it was used several times after that by other jedi, but cannot quite remember).

That meditation chamber was specifically designed for vader, it was a medical pod that allowed vader to remove his mask/helmet while inside (which he normally could not do due to the extensive burns he suffered). As far as I know, vader never used/trained to use combat meditation (though he still could have been training to use it i guess). During the reign of Palpatine's Empire, only Palpatine and a few other force acolytes that were loyal to Palpatine were able to use battle meditation.

It is also said that during the battle of Endor, there was a force acolyte on the Executor using battle meditation, but when the Emperor died his strong will (which he always projected to his troops) caused the battle meditation to fail and is what ultimately lead to the rebels surviving that conflict.

Granted this is all off the top of my head, so some things may be wrong

Half-right is not as bad as being completely wrong! Thanks for correcting me.