Question about gaining TalentsArchetype Abilities

By Kartigan13, in Grimm RPG

The subject pretty much says it all. I understand that all characters may choose one Talent at character creation (and an Origin Talent if they wish to), but my question was when and how do they gain additional talents? The end of chapter 1 states that at every odd numbered grade they may choose an additional talent and at each even numbered grade they may choose an archetype talent.

Chapter Two seems to reinforce this idea as it states that at every even numbered grade after the 3rd a player may choose 1 archetype ability. On page 29 of chapter 3 though underneath "Talents" the third paragraph reads "Each time a kid graduates to the next grade level, she gains her choice of an additional talent or archetype ability."

Am I just reading that one totally wrong? Is it simply meaning that you gain your choice of an additional talent if an odd grade, or your choice of an archetype ability if it's an even one? Or does it mean that you may choose either one or the other every time you increase in personal grade?

I'm thinking that I am just reading it totally wrong, and that my first thought is correct; you can indeed only take archetype abilities at even grades and general talents at odd ones. But the phrasing of that one sentence made me wonder. I am probably just way over thinking this, lol but if someone could confirm or deny my opinion so as to eliminate my doubts I'd appreciate it.

You are, in fact, reading it wrong. The first answear is the right one: You gain additional talents when you advance to odd numbred personal grade and additional archtype abilities when you advance to an even numbred personal grade.

Thank you for clarifying, I thought that I was probably just overthinking it sorpresa.gif .

It is easy to overthink a system as simple and beutiful as the linear d6 system if you are used to D&D or Anima or something.